Add to Favorites

Running Man - We need your feedback

in General Discussion.

06th Jul 2010 05:16:02 CET. Edited 1 minute after.

# 19576

F4tal3rror

[b]Sorry, double post. delete this one please[/b]

Badge

06th Jul 2010 11:39:43 CET. Edited 2 minutes after.

# 19582

ZPSHicks

jelly wrote:

Hey guys,

The game crashes when I exit fullscreen mode. Firefox 3.6.6, Windows 7 x64, NVIDIA driver version 257.21.

I reproduced the crash and put Unity's error dumps in pastebins if it will help any.

error.log -> http://pastebin.com/tm1xQVfp crash.dmp -> http://pastebin.com/j4xZSwq9

On another note the performance does seem to be worse than in the alpha, although whether this is due to the added eye candy or some inefficiency somewhere is beyond me. I don't think this computer should be unable to play a browser plugin game at 'good', do you;

Core i7 920, 6GB DDR3 1066MHz, NVIDIA 8800GTX, Windows 7 x64

It plays games like Team Fortress 2, GTA4 and Mass Effect 2 just fine.

On yet another note I decided to celebrate the occasion of public Running Man with 20 support medals. ^_^

Thanks for your feedback, jelly and for all your beautiful support medals. We still haven't and properly never will get use to seeing the x20 support medal badge upgrade. Absolutely Jawsome!

The "Fullscreen" crash in Firefox is Unitys table and they say it will be fixed in 3.0, but it still hits occasionally and is a pain in the ass. Although we recommend Firefox, maybe you'll get a more steady experience in Chrome.

If you're playing with the same quality settings in the Public release like you did in the Alpha release, you're bound to experience a performance degradation. We need to communicate it better but on "Good" you should experience the same or close to the same performance as in the Alpha release set to "Fantastic" since shaders, FSAA and lights are near the same quality as the Alpha build on "Good" (I hope this makes sense).

On "Beautiful" settings in the Public release we have added reflection maps and normal maps to every material as well as lit translucency on glass which ups the overall look but with the secondary effect of making the experience a bit more performance heavy.

On "Fantastic" we have added per pixel lighting from all lights and enabled cast shadows from Crates, Bots and the FPS character, something the Alpha release did not have. Due to the not so optimized Unity culling and occlusion of lights, "Fantastic" at the moment is very expensive and can only be archived if you have a very fast computer and gfx card. You problem is not the CPU is fast as hell but your 8800GTX which at the moment will have a hard time eating "Fantastic".

With Unity 3.0 and more focus on performance/optimization from our side, I can guarantee you that things will only get better. We are not trying to push technology just for the fun of it, our goal is to create fun, exciting and beautiful games which a lot of people can enjoy as long as they use the right quality settings! :)

Keep it tight,

/ZPSHicks

Badge

06th Jul 2010 13:16:16 CET

# 19583

Muz333

Won't run for me- I'm using Google Chrome on Vista 64. I had no problem starting it before this update, but now it just sits at "Initializing Running Man" then locks my browser up D:

I'm using chrome on 64bit vista and it works a dream so it must be something else causing the problem.

Badge

06th Jul 2010 15:25:06 CET

# 19585

mrwhtkid

i have a mac leopard and on safari and chrome i just see a mesh of images and in fullscreen i cant close the settings window

Badge

06th Jul 2010 18:11:15 CET. Edited 0 minutes after.

# 19589

jelly

Tried it in SRWare Iron (non-spying Google Chrome) and while full-screen works now it is still choppy on the default 'Good' setting. I suppose all bets are on Unity 3.0.

By the way the bots are still scary as hell. For some reason I just can't get used to them, even the L4D zombies were easier to get used to than these creepy automatons. :(

Badge

06th Jul 2010 18:12:43 CET

# 19590

voyager33mw

With Unity 3.0 and more focus on performance/optimization from our side, I can guarantee you that things will only get better. We are not trying to push technology just for the fun of it, our goal is to create fun, exciting and beautiful games which a lot of people can enjoy as long as they use the right quality settings! :)

Good to know, but I also hope to get a new computer that can handle top-of-the-line games when I graduate college, so I'm hoping to be able to run IM smoothly on the highest settings.

Badge

06th Jul 2010 19:33:07 CET

# 19600

TwiiK

I was going to comment on the performance of this, but I see you have it covered. :)

I can play Bad Company 2 fairly smooth (30-50fps) on my computer in 1920x1200 with settings on "medium", but I struggle a lot with Running Man with settings above "simple" in 1920x1200.

I also don't like the animation of the weapon when you jump. It feels delayed or out of sync with the actual jump.

The rest is stellar.

Keep up the good work. :)

Badge

06th Jul 2010 20:26:24 CET

# 19602

jelly

One more thing: I don't see much publicity for public Running Man. The only reason I even discovered this game is the article on RM alpha on RockPaperShotgun.

I don't know how you made it happen before but you should poke the press with this. :p

Badge

06th Jul 2010 20:38:17 CET

# 19603

Kenneth

@jelly - it's happening in this very moment. Gametrailers posted an exclusive trailer one hour ago, and now we are sending out the press release. If you feel like it, please help us spread the word to your friends and on the forums you might visit regularly.

Cheers, Kenneth

Badge

06th Jul 2010 20:39:10 CET

# 19604

TwiiK

A trailer just popped up on gametrailers.com.

It looks amazing just as everything else about this game. :)

I love the music. Give Nicolai a thumbs up from me. :)

Badge

06th Jul 2010 22:42:31 CET

# 19613

painy

I cannot properly play the game due to my keyboard being azerty rather then querty.

Badge

06th Jul 2010 22:50:24 CET

# 19615

USNavyFish

silly me, just changed the language setting on the keyboard, works ! LOL

On page 2 someone figured out how to get AZERTY boards working.

Badge

06th Jul 2010 23:04:30 CET

# 19616

RogueDOC

After playing "Running Man" I had to get get "Spearhead" medal. I will be adding "Support Medals" when I can. This looks as if it will be a fun game. Thanks Zero Point!!

Badge

06th Jul 2010 23:44:52 CET

# 19618

Agent4

Can Xbox 360 Controllers Be Used To Play This Game.And If They Can How?

Badge

06th Jul 2010 23:44:52 CET

# 19619

Agent4

Badge

06th Jul 2010 23:44:53 CET

# 19620

Agent4

Badge

06th Jul 2010 23:46:13 CET

# 19621

Agent4

Can Xbox360 Controllers Be Used To Play Interseller Marines:Running Man?

Badge

07th Jul 2010 00:36:29 CET

# 19622

Gamma033

Great piece of preview, my only complaint would have to be that the weapon swaying when you turn and move is just a little too much.

Badge

07th Jul 2010 01:11:29 CET

# 19623

Siepher

Can Xbox360 Controllers Be Used To Play Interseller Marines:Running Man?

It's not supported, no. And congratulations, I've never seen a quadro post here before.

Badge

07th Jul 2010 02:50:09 CET

# 19624

Cptwalker

i run my setting on max just to see if my specs can run it.....

dual core 2.7 4gb of ram os-window 7-64bit 250 gtx ddr3 1gb of ram video card

so far it all good i love how the gun feels and recoil if u guys put full on weapons custom and even mod your guns to use different calibers like 9mm,45mm etc..........i be sold since i haven't seen any fps done anything like that other then changing the scopes and putting launchers

Badge

You need to sign in to post messages.