Add to Favorites

Bullseye - We need your feedback!

in General Discussion.

24th Jan 2010 19:04:25 CET

# 10466

Pickle

Im enjoying bullseye, its realy well put together.

What Id love to see added is a course where you get to move and navigate. Its important to get a feel for the player movements, and weapon physics while moving, dodging, and sprinting from cover to cover. Kind of like the training mission at the beginning of COD modern warfare.

Perhaps an obstacle course where jumping, crouching, sprinting, back peddling, going prone, and firing from the hip are required to navigate it. I think this will also add a lot more replayabillity depending on how big you make the course.

Badge

24th Jan 2010 19:08:29 CET. Edited 1 minute after.

# 10471

Siepher

Im enjoying bullseye, its realy well put together.

What Id love to see added is a course where you get to move and navigate. Its important to get a feel for the player movements, and weapon physics while moving, dodging, and sprinting from cover to cover. Kind of like the training mission at the beginning of COD modern warfare.

Perhaps an obstacle course where jumping, crouching, sprinting, back peddling, going prone, and firing from the hip are required to navigate it. I think this will also add a lot more replayabillity depending on how big you make the course.

That is actually what Zero Point Software strive to make and release next time. Either that alone, or with some multiplayer capabilities. Here's the timeline for releases in the future, if you notice in the top right corner, by Chapter 4: Locked, it says "I spy with my little eye, something that starts with 'M'"

That's movement and/or multiplayer. :)

Badge

24th Jan 2010 19:12:19 CET

# 10474

Astalano

I'm pretty sure we'll get something like this in the next chapter.

Badge

24th Jan 2010 19:41:11 CET

# 10479

mothra

and maybe explain the quick-reload a little better in some of the first challenges since I only found out about it on the forum. well, you got me adding some support medals to my account, I hope there were many new registrations as well.

Yeah, it sure looks like there has been a lot of new registrations and new Spearheads!

About the quick-reload, isn't it explained in the Bullseye intro? Otherwise, you can read it in my guide which is located here.

Also, my warmest welcomes to you, and I'm glad to see you decided to go Spearhead, and buy support medals. :)

well, I bought the spearhead may last year and been following the game ever since. just not active on the board. but now since they started to release/show substantial stuff I wanted to say that I like it sofar. I maybe think that shooting from the hip should be even less accurate than it is now. the first shot is always dead on even when not zoomed in.

Badge

24th Jan 2010 19:54:08 CET

# 10486

Siepher

well, I bought the spearhead may last year and been following the game ever since. just not active on the board. but now since they started to release/show substantial stuff I wanted to say that I like it sofar. I maybe think that shooting from the hip should be even less accurate than it is now. the first shot is always dead on even when not zoomed in.

My bad, you're right, you signed up 7 months and 4 weeks ago.

It's just when I see a new name, I welcome them. :)

Badge

24th Jan 2010 20:29:56 CET

# 10499

Zantar429

I've copied this from the thread I made, at Astalano's suggestion.

Great game, but having a strange problem.

Yesterday I started out playing in IE8 and then saw the note about Firefox supporting full screen so I downloaded it and it worked fine. Today when I start the game everything is normal except the targets are now just jet black outlines with no details at all. Fullscreen or windowed makes no difference. I tried rebooting my system and uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox and the problem still remains. In IE8 the targets are normal.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

PS I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium if that might be helpful.

Badge

24th Jan 2010 20:31:18 CET

# 10502

Astalano

Good job, Heks is probably going to see this sometime tomorrow morning.

Badge

24th Jan 2010 20:38:54 CET

# 10504

Zantar429

Update on my situation.

As soon as I posted this I went to try the game again and this time it worked normally in Firefox. I had been away from the computer for about 30 minutes with the browser closed out. I have no idea how, but the problem seems to have fixed itself. Go figure.

Badge

24th Jan 2010 20:41:58 CET

# 10506

Astalano

Lol, enjoy Bullseye, at any rate. Still, heks'll probably try to recreate this issue.

Badge

24th Jan 2010 20:50:03 CET

# 10514

Zantar429

OK, I've narrowed the issue.

If I change settings to fullscreen before the targets pop up, I have the black target issue. If I wait for the targets to start popping up and THEN change to fullscreen, it works fine. So there is an issue but the workaround is easy.

I plan to upgrade to Spearhead at some point. Based on what I've seen and the fact that the devs are fans of System Shock 2 which is one of my favorite games, this game looks like it will be great.

Badge

24th Jan 2010 20:53:20 CET

# 10517

Astalano

Don't forget to e-mail Gert when you do: Look at one of our newer Spearheads' reactions here:

Badge

24th Jan 2010 20:53:22 CET. Edited 0 minutes after.

# 10519

Astalano

Oops double post. This post is about muffins.

Badge

24th Jan 2010 20:54:01 CET. Edited 1 minute after.

# 10521

Siepher

OK, I've narrowed the issue.

If I change settings to fullscreen before the targets pop up, I have the black target issue. If I wait for the targets to start popping up and THEN change to fullscreen, it works fine. So there is an issue but the workaround is easy.

I plan to upgrade to Spearhead at some point. Based on what I've seen and the fact that the devs are fans of System Shock 2 which is one of my favorite games, this game looks like it will be great.

Talking about System Shock 2, don't you think Terri Brosious is great in the role of ITO-SARA? :)

Don't forget to e-mail Gert when you do: Look at one of our newer Spearheads' reactions here:

This is the correct post.

Badge

24th Jan 2010 21:01:54 CET

# 10523

forgefire

good work on finding a work around Zantar429 - that should hopefully make it a lot easier to fix!

Badge

24th Jan 2010 21:36:20 CET

# 10533

Zantar429

OK, I keep learning new things about this issue.

What seems to be happening, and I'm no programmer, is that if you go to fullscreen, and a certain category of target has not appeared yet, that category of target will appear black after full screen has been initiated.

What I mean by categories of targets are armed targets, armed and armored targets, camoflaged targets, and non-combatant targets. So, if I play a challenge that only has the standard armed targets and then go fullscreen, all others will appear black for the rest of my play session. If I reload the game and make sure I've played scenarios in which all target types appear they will all continue to appear properly after I have gone to fullscreen.

And yes, I think the fact that Terri Brosius is the computer voice is awesome. :)

Badge

24th Jan 2010 22:01:51 CET

# 10535

Demon_Zoul

This game got my attention ever since the first trailer couple of years ago...

To me it looks very nice, i wouldn't complain if the final build looks like "bullseye" mini game... honestly, gameplay comes first and so far is what u guys are showing... I like the effort on this game so far and I hope you bring a beta to consoles both 360 and PS3! everyone should enjoy this awesome game!

keep up the good work and most important the community support.

Badge

24th Jan 2010 22:10:22 CET

# 10536

thib

Badge

24th Jan 2010 22:10:44 CET

# 10537

Astalano

Honestly, I doubt betas will come to 360 and PS3, it would divert a lot of resources away from the game. Plus, Unity doesn't support 360, let alone PS3, yet. However, it will almost definitely come to consoles after release.

Badge

24th Jan 2010 22:28:24 CET

# 10543

Demon_Zoul

Honestly, I doubt betas will come to 360 and PS3, it would divert a lot of resources away from the game. Plus, Unity doesn't support 360, let alone PS3, yet. However, it will almost definitely come to consoles after release.

I thought it was also coming to consoles, reason being that is listed as PC,360,PS3 @ gametrailers.

Im not much of a PC gamer, in fact the only pc game I played so far has been "Project IGN" which is a very old shooter...

it would really suck not to have a console version because honestly this game looks promising! thanks for the reply!

Badge

24th Jan 2010 22:32:48 CET

# 10544

Astalano

If the community wants a console version (which it does) then it will come to consoles. SImple as that. Community feedback shapes the game.

I only doubt they'll come to consoles (the betas) because they seem to be just focusing on the PC version and don't really have resources to work on multiple versions of the same betas, at least not now.

You don't have to be a strict PC gamer to support IM, but if you ever start gaming on PC, you are more than welcome to play IM all you like. By the end of this year we should have co-op and I am looking forward to forming teams and going out on missions with my trusty accurate sniper rifle and fast-firing semi-automatic pistol. :)

Badge

You need to sign in to post messages.