Add to Favorites

spred's stuff

in Off Topic.

06th Feb 2012 22:41:59 CET

# 71386

Gortos

I guess knowing that punching a tree will net you wood and that combining eight pieces of stone will give you a working furnace would be good for survival in the wild, indeed.

Badge

07th Feb 2012 02:20:06 CET

# 71390

marine565_spred

well not that but some things. but what other inde games do you know? i know minecraft IM and ace of spades.

Badge

07th Feb 2012 02:48:58 CET

# 71394

Eddren

Oh, well, I guess that the idea that you should dig out a hole leading straight to the stone-layer in the earth in order to hide from zombies, skeletons, and exploding creatures of the night is a good lesson, too. It'd probably also help to know that if you hit grass enough, it'll explode into wheat-seeds. And that using two sticks and three rocks, you could make a pickaxe.

Badge

07th Feb 2012 10:04:53 CET

# 71403

Gortos

I laid seven pieces of leather on my workbech in the correct shape. Why won't they becme trousers?

Badge

07th Feb 2012 15:54:19 CET

# 71415

Tacticalspoon

I laid seven pieces of leather on my workbech in the correct shape. Why won't they becme trousers?

Real life has intervened. It's attempting to stop you from being that douchey guy wearing the leather pants.

Badge

08th Feb 2012 02:45:13 CET

# 71434

marine565_spred

i got a question that might help ZPS advertise more..... how did you hear about IM? i just found it in the unity game sectoin.

Badge

08th Feb 2012 04:25:13 CET

# 71445

voyager33mw

i got a question that might help ZPS advertise more..... how did you hear about IM? i just found it in the unity game sectoin.

I saw a Bullseye trailer on gamespot.com. That was back when I actually paid attention to, and trusted gamespot. Lol.

Badge

08th Feb 2012 13:26:51 CET

# 71481

Gortos

Saw the "compared to one of the greatest" Running Man trailer on gametrailers.com, which compared Running Man's gunplay to Modern Warfare 2's. But they had that as a question of the week already.

Captcha: YIKY

Badge

09th Feb 2012 00:15:27 CET

# 71516

marine565_spred

hmmmmmmmmi think IM needs a trailer on TV what do you think

Badge

09th Feb 2012 01:20:41 CET

# 71520

Gortos

No, definitely not. See, spred, those are really, really expensive and appeal to a target group that has a large percentage of non-gamers. Advertising on a games website would be much more effective... But ZPS doesn't really have much money to spend compared to Ubisoft or EA. The only time when it makes sense to advertise a game on TV is if it is one that appears to casual gamers or if the other methods have already been exploited and TV must be used to expand the circle of customers even further. That's why you'll only see the really big games on TV, like BF3, Skyrim or MW3 - every "gamer" already knows them, so if you want to gain more buyers, you must advertise on TV.

Badge

09th Feb 2012 14:54:51 CET

# 71547

Hral

Quite interesting question ! Though I can't remember where I found it probably railgun.dk, danish gaming site, when the community page was launched.

Badge

09th Feb 2012 18:23:59 CET

# 71557

Kendzi

Here's one for you, spred: link.

See what pops up at 10^7.7 m?

Badge

10th Feb 2012 22:30:38 CET

# 71608

marine565_spred

hmmmm well we need to fiind to a cheap advertising plan

Badge

10th Feb 2012 22:43:25 CET. Edited 1 minute after.

# 71610

Gortos

The best, most efficient and simple one is in full effect - it's called word of mouth. You can help as well.

Badge

11th Feb 2012 20:11:07 CET

# 71694

marine565_spred

well yeah doese anybody know any other inde games?

Badge

11th Feb 2012 20:23:21 CET

# 71696

Gortos

Is that... A real question, spred?

Badge

11th Feb 2012 21:56:27 CET

# 71707

marine565_spred

no but i a want to ask you this do you think buliding a faster rocket,moon colony.land a man on mars,have a martain colony and a stronger telescope than hubble. by the end of this NEW decade help the econamy and space industry?

Badge

11th Feb 2012 22:08:19 CET

# 71708

Gortos

Pay attention, your spelling is getting worse again.

"A faster rocket"? Speed is not an issue, spred. Cost efficiency per mass brought to orbit is. Only after the space ship that'd go to Mars is already in orbit, speed becomes important to decrease the exposure of zero gravity and deep space radiation for the astronauts. We can do that, though, modern ion engines allow for it.

Stronger telescope for hubble? We have those. We were supposed to have ones that were a hundred times better by now, but NASA cut funding, or they'd have been launched.

We don't even have a moon colony. What for? We know there's rocks, and dust, and... More rocks. In the long term - if we want to go after the resources of our solar system, we'll need one, but at the moment it's a huge waste of money. Want to improve the economy? Go defeat hunger.

Badge

11th Feb 2012 23:32:27 CET

# 71711

marine565_spred

well mining corporatoins well heavly benfit from mining on asteroids, the moon and mars. yes we will need a light speed rocket or faster (yes it is possible) so we can get to our destenatoins faster wich is more effecaint. we need a stronger telescope so we can actualy be able to see the planet closer than ever. but my other point mining in space is a good thing. companys or countrys will make milloins of dollars benfitting from this. plus well only need the moon colony if we want do some mining or living there. martain colony will be usefull for not only mining but sceintefic reaserch... there is also the possibility of terreforming it and living there. we might as well do this stuff by the years 2013-2029

Badge

12th Feb 2012 00:39:02 CET

# 71713

Gortos

Corporations do what gets them money, spred. Guess why there isn't any asterois mining? Correct. It isn't efficient with current technology (maybe in fifty or a hundred years...). At the moment, launching one kg of mass into space costs between 4,000 and 40,000 US Dollars. So, just getting the material for such operations into orbit would cost ridiculous amounts of money. There is not much to mine on the moon, maybe Helium-3 at some point... The Mars possibly has iron and oxygen... But unless our space vehicles become drastically better, there's no point in going there. Research is nice and dandy, but people don't want to spend those billions of dollars so we can have a research base on Mars at the moment. 2013? That'd be next year, spred. 2029? Then they should have already begun. It's not going to happen so soon, spred, if it will happen at all. Distances in space are ridiculous, getting stuff up there is expensive and there's not much to find there that'd benefit us at the moment. Maybe in a few centuries... Or in a hundred years. I hope to see our first Mars base as well, spred, but it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Badge

You need to sign in to post messages.