Add to Favorites

"Shares for Support Medals Giveaway" FAQ

in General Discussion. This thread is set to STICKY.

02nd Apr 2011 23:57:48 CET

# 36302

Nocheiner

The mail I got deducted ten, just so you know.

Here's a question: It said that I get 75 shares (because I have 85 metals), but I thought you said they only come in batches of ten. If I were to go through and complete the process of getting the shares now (which I can't because I lack a passport, though I'll have one before the deadline), would I get the five extras? I'd like to note that I'm going to keep getting metals until I reach the 100 share point :).

You know, that is a very good question.

Since it looks like we will all recieve only ONE certificate with the total number of our shares, this might change the whole system.

I will mail Gert and ask about this ASAP.

( But it might just be one of the "bugs" in the spreadsheet, so please wait for Gert to answer! :)

Badge

03rd Apr 2011 02:22:00 CET

# 36306

Nocheiner

FAQ updated 3.04.2011

Badge

03rd Apr 2011 16:24:08 CET

# 36332

Nocheiner

@ JerryRough

It was a bug, the 10 medals -10 shares ratio is still in effect!

Gert will send you the corrected TA soon.

Badge

20th May 2011 17:00:13 CET

# 38454

JerreyRough

So I'll be getting a passport for this soon (ETA: requesting it next week), however I might not have it around May 31. Is there a deadline for claiming/doing the steps to get the shares?

Badge

20th May 2011 17:16:07 CET. Edited 6 minutes after.

# 38462

Nocheiner

Shares will still be available after 31.05.2011, so you can buy and send your documents later.

Read Gert's post here.

Badge

20th May 2011 17:20:54 CET

# 38461

Nocheiner

FAQ UPDATED 20.05.2011

Badge

20th May 2011 19:33:35 CET

# 38474

JerreyRough

Oh man, I didn't see that post. Thanks! I was planning on getting a hundred shares, though I think I might get more now heh.

Badge

30th May 2011 13:42:25 CET. Edited 1 minute after.

# 38881

Aj

So question, I have 85 support medals, but have not received any email about certificates or anything. Im seeing lots of people posting about getting some certificate stating share entitlements and stuff and its got me wondering exactly when should i get something? I am planning on getting more but from what i have read i should have gotten something already anyway. Any help on that?

Badge

30th May 2011 15:46:41 CET

# 38882

forgefire

hey Aj, check out gerts latest update: http://www.interstellarmarines.com/forum/threads/post/38712/

The way I read it, it will be early to mid June before you should expect anything. Those who posted about emails they already gotten were among the very first to buy and I guess that is why they already got a confirmation :)

Badge

30th May 2011 16:49:28 CET. Edited 9 minutes after.

# 38886

Nocheiner

So question, I have 85 support medals, but have not received any email about certificates or anything. Im seeing lots of people posting about getting some certificate stating share entitlements and stuff and its got me wondering exactly when should i get something? I am planning on getting more but from what i have read i should have gotten something already anyway. Any help on that?

forgefire is correct.

Everyone who got the transfer-agreement already has bought the medals sooner then you.

You should get yours at the end of may.

EDIT: I will update the FAQ as soon as Gert has updated his post officially!

Badge

31st May 2011 00:06:47 CET

# 38906

dodolidot

Hey ive been rather busy for awhile now and I recently remembered about the e-ail I got about the shares. So by when do I have to get the documents in? Cause what I know is that it should be sent by the end of this month was it? Really don't want to miss it.

Badge

31st May 2011 00:15:53 CET

# 38908

Nocheiner

Hey ive been rather busy for awhile now and I recently remembered about the e-ail I got about the shares. So by when do I have to get the documents in? Cause what I know is that it should be sent by the end of this month was it? Really don't want to miss it.

Don't worry, you will not miss anything.

You will get a new document about every 3 month, where your current sharecount is shown, so if you buy more shares, you can send the new document again.

Badge

31st May 2011 14:59:03 CET. Edited 9 minutes after.

# 38934

ZPSHicks

I've just updated the Uncle Gert's "Shares for Support Medals Giveaway" article with new info from Gert, which is already knee-deep in making sure that the first phase of this exciting giveaway is initiated. :)

For the love of the game,

/ZPSHicks

Badge

31st May 2011 16:05:15 CET

# 38936

Nocheiner

FAQ UPDATED 31.05.2011

Badge

15th Jun 2011 21:42:03 CET

# 39600

Nocheiner

FAQ UPDATED 14.06.2011

And the number that the mail shows is still wrong, although this time I get 2 more then I should :)

Badge

15th Jun 2011 22:09:35 CET

# 39604

Kendzi

My mail shows the right number. Although I do not know how to handle my shares... But I'm planning on claiming them at the end of the year anyways. So there's quite some time to inform myself. Surely, Nocheiner can help me with the legal steps needed to take then;)

Badge

15th Jun 2011 22:19:27 CET

# 39606

Nocheiner

My mail shows the right number. Although I do not know how to handle my shares... But I'm planning on claiming them at the end of the year anyways. So there's quite some time to inform myself. Surely, Nocheiner can help me with the legal steps needed to take then;)

I will wait with claiming the shares too, so you will have to wait for any info I could give you.

Badge

18th Jun 2011 05:44:19 CET

# 39662

dodolidot

I plan to claim these also at the end of the year but can anyone help me out as to what I must do if I were to claim it here in the US?

I seriously have no idea what I must do after I get the shares.

Badge

18th Jun 2011 08:31:07 CET

# 39664

supershjn

Hello fellow marines!

Since the start of the project, a lot of questions have been posted about the details of this venture, and Gert has asked me if I would make and maintain a FAQ.

Well, seeing that Gert is the CEO of his own company, and the devs have their hands full finishing the game, I have decided to pitch in.

So if you have any questions,comments or rants about the "Shares for Support Medals Giveaway", please post them here, and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Please note that everything I say is what I have discussed with Gert via E-mail and has been given the GO-sign by the ZPH-Lawyer, but a few details may be subject to change in the future.

If this happens, I will try to announce the changes as fast as possible( But I have a job too, so don't expect any miracles!)

Badge

18th Jun 2011 14:16:25 CET

# 39668

Nocheiner

I plan to claim these also at the end of the year but can anyone help me out as to what I must do if I were to claim it here in the US?

I seriously have no idea what I must do after I get the shares.

As long as you only "own" shares, there should be nothing to worry about.

Simply ask at your local bank if you have to do any registering in regards to owning private international shares.

When/If ZPH starts to rake in the millions, and they start to pay you dividends, then you will have to declare them in your tax-form.

If you place your shares with your private bank, like I will be doing, then they will handle all that for you if you ask.

Badge

You need to sign in to post messages.