published Thursday, 24 Nov. 2011, 15:00 by ZPSHicks

Another slice from our IM: Prologue storyboard; In most hot zones its standard ITO procedure to deploy a Titan Walker at three down and locked. Equipped with exposable landing jets the Titan Walker performs a quick LZ recognizances and provides support while the Megalodon dropship lands.

Full Picture of the Week media section available [here]

Comments

That's pretty crafty, I've always known to secure an LZ from the air, not drop a walker to cover the landing. Seems effective.

I like this tactic. If I saw that dropping down along with a ship I know has elite marines, I'd be scared.

[...] If I saw that dropping down along with a ship I know has elite marines, I'd propably dead in seconds.

I would take a picture of this event!

WHOA WHOA a new slice sweet!!!!! its great to see the titan walker apear finaly !!!!!!!

looks really good!!!

If I saw that dropping down along with a ship I know has elite marines, I'd piss my self.

If I saw that dropping down along with a ship I know has elite marines, I would be glad they are allies.

Or I would be dead, so it wouldn't matter anymore.

Thus rises a meme.

wana hear a funny story? i was waliking about when i saw a BIG RED button saying "dangeores livestock dont press that button" i pressed it thinking was some joke and tons of shark creatures poured out and know what there hunting every spearhead down funny right! ha ha ha he he he he he ha ehhhhh ha ha ehhh...... OH OH I HEARED SOME THOSE THINGS!!!! takes out shot gun and pumpes it "its go TIME

Should we mirror all our forum posts as comments?

/irony

Don't put a ton of blood and swearing in this game PLEASE! Or at least make it so you can turn it off while you're playing it.

HE is right please none some blood ok BUT no swearing!!!
but its ok from what i know it will be rated teen or PEGI 15 or 12

Bollocks dickslap butts!

Regarding getting a rating for Interstellar Marines ... Well, we're not going to file for a PEGI rating, why should we, in Denmark 1st grade children has to watch Aliens; It's mandatory .. Shows how much we crazy Vikings loves the cold space of Sci-Fi! :)

aliens hmmmmmm OK LETS ROT LITTLE KIDS MINDS WITH ALIENS !!!!!
you vikings are strong people you fear nothing aliens robots curly frize nothing!!
not even clowns XD

zps hicks wana hear a funny story! ? i was waliking about when i saw a BIG RED button saying "dangeores livestock dont press that button" i pressed it thinking was some joke and tons of shark creatures poured out and know what there hunting every spearhead down funny right! ha ha ha he he he he he ha ehhhhh ha ha ehhh...... OH OH I HEARED SOME THOSE THINGS!!!! *takes out shot gun and pumpes it* "its go TIME

I doubt it gets funnier if repeated over and over.

Hey, marine, your story made me laugh! There. Maybe he stops now^^

NEWS REPORT 4 hours ago reported by an interstellar marine that 2000 shark creatures are heading towards other marines 100 have already been aliminated but there still are more!
1 hour ago marine565_spred took on 58 of them. if any sightings of these creatures are seen please report to the ITO headqurters our arial squadrens are searching the area please
sta....yy *static* coAHHHHHHH *roar* HELP!!!!! we currently have ticnical difuculties please tune in later. *static* all marines this is commander s-pred hang tight im coming with my shot gun!

Just a small thought. Watching a Titan come to the ground doesn't seem very... Epic... It makes the Titan seem slow and bulky, not very scary. There is a scene in Harry Potter 7 P2 where the stone guards jump down from their posts from high above.

Here is that scene (already set to the right time): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NYt1qirBWg&t=1m3s

The way they landed made them seem powerful and scary if standing close to them. Like a dropship almost. It would be cool to see the TItans fall from the sky in a closed form, impact into the ground like the ODST's pod does from Halo, and then open up into its full walker form. Now that would be scary. Its also a sort of logical thing too. For a heavy Titan to slow its fall with propulsion would waste a ton of whatever that gas like stuff is.

@Evanology: Of course it would look much cooler if the walker shook the ground in a massive impact. On the other hand, it wouldn't be very realistic for a walker made of earthy materials to survive such an impact undamaged.

Also, it becomes scary when you realise it's already watching and scanning as it descends. Maybe if it goes down drop-pod style but opens up twentysomething meters above the ground like in a HALO-jump?

@ Evanology

although I agree with you on that it would look far more intimidating, from a practical/realistic standpoint this would be very hard to archive in real life even in the future first crash and survive and then stand up and walk away

i think it opens up while in the air abd deploys to ground. mambye call like a care package i dont know!

RE POST my last one was bad i wrote it again. think it opens up mid air and deploys its self
and gets in the fight. i dont know how you would call it in or i just is brought with u

If I saw that dropping down along with a ship I know has elite marines, I might as well fight with the a bunch of sharks instead than be scared, pissed or dead.

Realistic, I heard an idea for deploying equipment on Mars, aerobraking, than parachute, than inflate into giant ball that hops along the surface...

Epic, Like 40K droppods, with thrusters to make it come down even faster than terminal velocity allows it to... and maybe its just about having the right amount of cushion or "material that can deform" in the droppod base. At present artillery shells are fitted with electronics, and these are subjected to an insane acceleration, but still work.

Anyway I can't wait to fool around with the "Titan"

I love that sketch!

Well this is...awkward. I come to enjoy the picture of the week and stumble upon a group of bots. They appear to be waiting until no one has posted in a while...I MUST BEGIN A PURGE!

Wait , they let first graders watch Alien... in school??? Well, I am moving. Shouldn't be too hard, still have some cousins over there that i could live with...

10 months, 3 weeks ago

That looks cool!

Listing Picture of the Week articles (sorted by date)