published Wednesday, 14 Sept. 2011, 12:00 by ZPSHicks

Yesterday I booted up our old Publisher demo (first time in a long time) to show ScribbleHEAD some of our early ideas and environments. Nostalgia struck and I just had to post a screenshot from the Carcharodon Carcharias Scanning Areas deep inside Orbital Research Station Xeno-13. (It's "Magazine" not "Clip" :))

Full Picture of the Week media section available [here]

Comments

Will you ever end up releasing that demo to us? From what I've seen of it, it looks good.

Agreed. We want that demo. I know you guys did a great job on it.

for a demo this looks awesome !

For licensing reasons, they can't release the demo to the public. But at least we can see screenshots :)

Not unless someone wants to kindly donate several thousand dollars to pay for the UDK license that would only be used to release that demo....

Actually, a UDK licence is free. After $50,000 in profit Epic takes a massive chunk worth of royalties though. The Unreal Engine actually operates on a different licence... A very expensive one.

If it's released to the general public rather than to Spearhead and Frontline members then they could get away with it, as it would be free and there would be no profit gain. Still, I'm sure that ZPS has their reasons for not releasing it. Also, my information could be outdated.

From what I've heard about that demo, is that it's very heavy and unoptimized. I'm not saying it's true, just that it's what I've heard.

(It's "Magazine" not "Clip" :))

And thank you for that saying that, otherwise I would have to shake my fist! ;)
(Sorry for double posting btw.)

After Deadlock they should feature 4 player co-op with swarms of enemy AI for testing instead of a demo. That would be great, just gotta get Deadlock first.

What a shame this demo can't be released to public, because it's one of the most jaw dropping demos in gaming I've ever seen.

But we're NOT the public... we're financial and moral supporters!!!!!

demo! demo! demo!

It still amazes me how good this demo looks like :-)

true the is amazing. it has a really cool design and has that i became in love with :) the raw HUD look was cool and reminded me of CS.

It's amazing how great the graphics look.

your kidding right the graphics on this demo stink unity has much better graphics

Listing Picture of the Week articles (sorted by date)