published Monday, 27 June 2011, 20:00 by ZPSHicks

Nostalgia-trip; three initial pistol concepts I did (hence the low quality) back in 2003 when Nics, Gert and I was slowly getting started. From left stable, 3-round burst and high caliber models. Heavily inspired by real-life counterparts, can you guess which?

Full Picture of the Week media section available [here]

Comments

Ok let me try: from left to right glock, asp 45, dessert eagle

From left to right:
1. Some kind of "Ruger" (the grip is very ruger'ish)
2. HK USP or HK Mk. 23 (Again the grip and trigger area is very HK'ish)
3. Obviously IMI Desert Eagle (the whole back of the gun, grip, handguard and trigger area is DE, with a hint of the "Match" upgrade for the HK USP series and/or robocop's modified beretta at the muzzle)

first looks vaguely like a MP446 Viking the 2nd looks some what based on a P99 and the 3rd looks like its a 1911 or 45. caliber pistol of some kind. (possibly a dessert eagle ?)

The only obvious one is Desert Eagle. The first looks a bit like some Walther, but the second one can be basically anything...:)

I don't know which is which. I'll take the one with the most ammo that shoots the fastest.

(In Mass Effect 2, even though you can get the heavy pistol, I still prefer the pistol you start the game with because it shoots faster.)

in this cse it would be the glock; 20 rounds and maybe it´s the full-auto-verion... i think against the sharks u should use the biggest gun u can get, just for your own safety X-P

left to right
1. Walter P99 (aldo it has a certain 92FS feeling due to the barrel)
2. a Beretta I don't know witch type but its a high caliber long barrel pistol, HK m23 grip thought
3. obviously a IMI Desert eagle

I'm not sure why, but I'm a big fan of muzzle extensions, such as flash hiders, muzzle breaks and suppressors... Especially the ones that makes the gun go from looking timid, to a complete monster xD

Hicks, Hicks, Hicks.. Tsk, tsk.. :P

You know you can't just post gun-concepts like that, unless you want my inner weapon-nerd to come jumping at you! /JK. ;)

by the way, the third gun (from left to right) looks like that one of this wallpaper here (injured guy);

uploads/screenshots/ss026_1280x720_zps_interstella
rmarines_gdc2008_poster.jpg

so maybe it isn´t only a concept-art :-P

hell yea nice pistols....

Well I would even like to see some sci-fi beefy revolver youknow? like some crazy .65 Cal Magnum hand cannon %D 5 shots. Each one like hit by train =D

something like the s&w model .500, maybe the strongest pistol/revolver u can get? (no, it´s not a advertisement :-P)

i like the right pistol the most

it has a very nice clean look to it

the one i would use against shark creatures

if i didn't have a shotgun that is ?B;-b

Hmmm?
1. Walther P99
2. Sig Sauer
3. Desert Eagle

My guess are:

1. James Bond
2. RoboCop
3. Lara Croft

;)

1. Beretta 92FS

2. Colt M1911

3. Desert Eagle

left to right im going with
LEFT: i cant think of anything that matches the left one...its the rear curvature thats throwing me off...nothing matches that, even checked every prev post and no ones guess matches that.
CENTER: a baretta cougar 8045 acp.45
RIGHT: imi desert eagle obviously

Left: Walther P99
Center: Heckler and Koch either the USP or the Mk. 23
Right: Israeli Military Industries Desert Eagle

well i dont know which guns those are , but just wanted to tell tht u cud take inspiration for the gun designing and the firefights from a youtube channel fpsrussia . but i thought , that wid the amount of research u guys are puttin in , u wub already know abut tht stuff ( also the danish frogmen stint ) but anyways tht channel displays a vast variety of weapons and ammunition . if u havent already seen tht channel , it wud be gud to take a luk .

i want to draw several guns of the game in a program called inventor. can you guys send me some more photos and some meissures in mm

thy

Okay lets see
1. looks like a Berreta 92FS without a hammer
2. Looks like a MK.23 pistol with (as stated in the description) the abilities of the Berreta M93
3. Obviously as everyone has said the last one is a Deagle with a recoil compensator.

P99, USP, and M1911.

I'd say that the left one looks like the Beretta M9 pistol, the middle one looks like the H&K USP, although I'm not sure about the last one. Looks like a combination between the M1911 and the Deagle.

polend copy

o,k;ùlù:ù

I'm not gonna guess the names since they're probably new technologies, but they could of been guns out now, just a little changes.

They do look like guns out now though, just this game takes place in the future so they may have a different name in the game.

What about that pistol from perfect dark zero?

thumb/b/b7/Perfect_Dark_Zero_Coverart.png/250px-Pe
rfect_Dark_Zero_Coverart.png

Cool, that's awesome, keep up the good work, I used to play on something called Xbox before I found Interstellar Marines.

Listing Picture of the Week articles (sorted by date)