NASA's 100-Year Starship Project

published Friday, 25 March 2011, 00:00 by Kenneth

I've set up a Google Alert to monitor the keyword "interstellar marines", so sometimes I get quite irrelevant alerts of marines on some mission somwhere in the world and sometimes it's actually about Interstellar Marines. But this morning...

This morning I got one of my Google Alert updates with a reference to a cool article about NASA's new project to build a business capable of sustaining a business for interstellar space travel. So I went to space.com and read the article - and now I have bookmarked space.com as one of my "top must follow" sites.

Just wanted to share the pure awesomeness of this first vital step from NASA to aim for the stars!

The next 50 years of spaceflight will carry many challenges and surprises for explorers hoping to extend their reach into the cosmos. But it will also likely hold untapped riches for space science and spinoff technology that could, one day, catapult human

/Kenneth

Comments

No worries about that! We'll just build a spaceship and find the Citadel! Where we will eventually make contact with Turians, Quarians, Krogan, and many other species to do trade in about a 150 years or so.

Then I'll be sure to stay away from anywhere that seems remotely important or valuable, thus ensuring the continuity of my life.

cool article... I hope way less than 100 years will be require before we finally start going into space.

@dracogas
We'd have to invent the Mass Effect core first... :P

100 years...? Whoa! If I'm able to reach age 110, I could see IT! :D

Don't forget the reapers! We have to grow our own shepard to fight for us!

Very interesting read. Lol.

Awsome :)

This is totally jowesome! :D

@jaunixz862

what's jowesome?
i think you're trying to say you mean jawsome.

a matter annihilation engine would be much faster, but it would be so unstable...

Listing Off Topic articles (sorted by date)