Wanted: Level Designer / Game Play Scripter
published Wednesday, 3 Feb. 2010, 00:00 by ZPSHicks
Zero Point Software are looking for a Level Designer / Game Play Scripter with a technical background and a passion for game experiences. We expect you to initiate and execute rapid prototypes, analyze results and iterate. We expect level ideas that shock, immerse and amaze a gamers’ mind.
UPDATE: This position has been filled. All applicants will be saved for future openings. Thanks to all who have shown interest in this position!
We offer a highly creative environment, working closely with industry experienced coworkers in a small agile team production. You will work in an exciting and revolutionary game development strategy that focuses on short periodic releases like the Vault and Bullseye.
- Work with the Lead Artist and Game Director creating levels, environments and game play value
- Work with the team members in order to create and share a common game vision
- Asset management in collaboration with coders, animation, audio and art
- Validate the technical integrity of assets before integrating them into the game
- Rapid prototyping of game play ideas
- Finalizing and shipping periodic releases as stated by our game strategy
- Strong and analytic level design skills
- Must have solid understanding of game play scripting and/or programming
- A drive to create believable, interesting, amazing and addictive game play experiences
- Ability to learn fast, take initiative with assigned tasks and follow through creative and technical troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills (English or Danish)
- Strong systematic quality assurance and bug fixing mentality
- Preferred experience working with Maya, Unity or other game authoring packages
- Experience working with Agile production teams
- Previous releases and experience in game industry
- Experience with graphical tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- Good sense of humor
Applying for this position:
- We strongly recommend you read more about our vision, our strategy and our game.
- Portfolio demonstrating proficiency and talent, previous work, prototypes etc. is MANDATORY
- Worksite: Copenhagen N.
- Starting date: Preferably 1st of March 2010
- Email your application (max 10 mb) to contact (a) zeropointsoft.com with subject: "Level Designer Application; [your name]"
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME
Zero Point Software