Wanted: Level Designer / Game Play Scripter

published Wednesday, 3 Feb. 2010, 00:00 by ZPSHicks

Zero Point Software are looking for a Level Designer / Game Play Scripter with a technical background and a passion for game experiences. We expect you to initiate and execute rapid prototypes, analyze results and iterate. We expect level ideas that shock, immerse and amaze a gamers’ mind.

We offer a highly creative environment, working closely with industry experienced coworkers in a small agile team production. You will work in an exciting and revolutionary game development strategy that focuses on short periodic releases like the Vault and Bullseye.

When the hunter becomes the hunted ...

Responsibility

• Work with the Lead Artist and Game Director creating levels, environments and game play value
  • Work with the team members in order to create and share a common game vision
  • Asset management in collaboration with coders, animation, audio and art
  • Validate the technical integrity of assets before integrating them into the game
  • Rapid prototyping of game play ideas
  • Finalizing and shipping periodic releases as stated by our game strategy

Required skills

• Strong and analytic level design skills
  • Must have solid understanding of game play scripting and/or programming
  • A drive to create believable, interesting, amazing and addictive game play experiences
  • Ability to learn fast, take initiative with assigned tasks and follow through creative and technical troubleshooting
  • Strong communication skills (English or Danish)
  • Strong systematic quality assurance and bug fixing mentality

Bonus skills

• Preferred experience working with Maya, Unity or other game authoring packages
  • Experience working with Agile production teams
  • Previous releases and experience in game industry
  • Experience with graphical tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
  • Good sense of humor

Applying for this position:

• We strongly recommend you read more about our vision, our strategy and our game.
  • Portfolio demonstrating proficiency and talent, previous work, prototypes etc. is MANDATORY
  • Worksite: Copenhagen N.
  • Starting date: Preferably 1st of March 2010
  • Email your application (max 10 mb) to contact (a) zeropointsoft.com with subject: "Level Designer Application; [your name]"

Zero Point Software

Comments

I'll be sending this around to some people I know.

With the recession I don't think it would be TOO hard to find someone. ^^

So I'm assuming you're starting work on Movement then? :D

I wonder if Movement will be the offline version of the multiplayer...or will it stand on its own feet? The anticipation is killing me. :)

I also posted this on the "Game Development" section of Gametrailers. Personally, I don't know anyone who works in the game industry.

Good luck in the search!!

Very interesting but... I am french .

I am 17 and the drawing is my passion. Also in black and white ^^

2&u=14326143

A+

Hmmm...one of my college professors knows a lot of people in the gaming industry. I'll see if he can get the word out. ;)

I hope this is good news... as in ZPS got access to a wee bit more money and not bad news as in one of the current team members have to quit.

Afraid I dont really know anyone who fits the description but I am sure there must be some talented people out there who wants to join :)

Good luck finding the right guy for the job!

I wish I could apply, but I only live up to a few of the requirements. ;)

I'd love to join the team but can't, studying IT here at Saarbruecken is more important right now.
Maybe I apply for a work placement in the future, wouldn't cost you a lot of money, would look good on my vita, I'd learn a bit more about engine coding while you would have another highly talented level- / game designer.

Also spreading the word for you. Good luck guys :-) !

If only you were looking for a 3D Artist. :P

I do a lot of level design as a hobby, but #1: I live in the US, #2: I live in the US #3: I only have experience in T3D and very little in Unity, #4: I dont think I qualify.

I,m doing a level (kinda) on Unity using Modo after seeing what you guys made with it, my skills in modeling are growing but i don't think i qualify for this job.

Here is a small sample of my work.

Argoon/?action=view&current=render_oldhousecopy.pn
g

on/?action=view&current=Modo_ani_test.flv

i wish i lived close to you guys, even though im 15... i got a good grasp of 3ds max 8

a suggestion: possibly if your needing some misc objects you could put some sort of modeling compo and say you needed uhmmm... a gun rack?, so whoever has the ability to model would do so, then you guys would pick the best one and idk what a prize would be... exept you get to tell people that object you got to make it? idk really.

hope to donate to get to spearhead soon!

Aren't there like sites that has honest working men looking for jobs?

Now that you mention it i know a company that takes commission work. They've worked with indies and commercial.

page/.

I have a rough idea on how much they charge, but ill leave this option for you to decide weather to pursue it or not.

I don't know anyone that lives up to these req. but I will see what I can do.

I would love to work on IM but (in the style of TheSargeGuy):

#1 I live in the US of A

#2 I have no expirence in Game design

#3 I am not old enough to drink, drive, or do anything.

Reasons I would/could do it:

#1 I love Games

#2 I love toying with awesome gameplay ideas

#3 I love Sci-Fi and active write short stories and articles on the genre.

Good Luck - Stormrider

I could do it, but im in croatia, maybe if the whole team moves here, reccesion or no, i anit going below 10 degrees celsius :) ..
mastered maya, tempered with unity, great with 3dsmax, and maxwell..
building architectural projects visual representations in 3d..
a lot like level design..

Hey, im olny 16 ^^. But I have a passion for videogames, and have literally scripted my own. I am getting ready to apply to colleges and am expecting to become a video game scriptor. So you guys can message me anytime, asking for any idea's and anything you need help on.

Victor

"learn fast" that's the only thing i got on that thing XD

Great! but i can't do the job and apply for this position. I'm only a player but still support for your games! your game is wonderful!

Wow, am I really the only one here over 13? (I'm 18 btw.)
Anyway, I sent you guys, at Zero Point Software, an application for an 3D Artist position, and I really hope you will read it and look at it with proffesional eyes, so to speak.

Anyway, I totally forgot to add in it, that I might be able to help out with level designs. It's not one of my strong areas, but I have experimented with it in the past. (Still do once in a while.)

But be sure to read through it and give me a heads up, I can't wait to hear from you!

K.

So, who is it?

yeah...we demand an introduction! :D

According to my own exploration, billions of persons in the world get the <a href="http://lowest-rate-loans.com/topics/credit-l
oans">credit loans</a> from different banks. Therefore, there is good chances to get a commercial loan in any country.

Why don't you look this guy up on youtube hes freaking amzing in this 3D game things... I think he's a legend on using the Unity3D game engine, look him up 1# he's a pro scripter with a real gaming industry background, 2# he's a great worker... 3# he love's making games.... youtube Channel = TornadoTwins

I don't mean to bitch since you've said "no", but you do realise that new people can't give experience unless studios are actually prepared to GIVE people a break into the industry... right?

It sounds absurd but strangely it's truer than most veterans think.

(that should've said "can't get experience", sorry)

... but there are plenty of other ways to get experince than to work and get paid at a game studio.

*is still waiting for that introduction...* :D

Well, I'm not a level designer, but I am an artist. I am still in college, studying art, so I can hopefully get a job in the game industry. I am more interested in work in indie game development then working for a big company like EA. I definitely support your AAA indie development strategy, and will be upgrading to Spearhead when I get the money.
Btw, do you have any advice for an artist looking to get into the games industry?

Is this position still available? I'll be forwarding a portfolio regardless, but I thought I'd ask, as I see the desired start date has already elapsed and I know your limited budget means there's probably no chance of opening up additional headcount.

"UPDATE: This position has been filled. All applicants will be saved for future openings. Thanks to all who have shown interest in this position! "

Another time. ;-)

Make your own life time easier get the <a href="http://lowest-rate-loans.com/topics/business
-loans">business loans</a> and all you want.

Why thank you for that awfully formatted link mister/misses bot!

I work in 3ds max 8 years, to me I from Russia would be desirable to participate in your project!

Some time before, I did need to buy a good house for my corporation but I didn't have enough cash and could not buy anything. Thank goodness my sister proposed to try to take the <a href="http://lowest-rate-loans.com">loans</a> from trustworthy bank. Hence, I did that and was happy with my financial loan.

Strong communication skills (English or Danish)
Strong systematic quality assurance and bug fixing mentality
Preferred experience working with Maya, Unity or other game authoring packages-i have some 100 or more hours in sandbox 2 editor(cryengine 2)
Good sense of humor
all these i have,but the rest not,plus i live in israel so Copenhagen is not an option

i would like to help but im lerning maya and unty and trying to buy maya and i live in the US lol.

I would help for free. I'm a student at Ohio University majoring in Game design. Any chance you would take an eager to learn student as an intern?

3 years, 1 month ago

Don't you understand that it's correct time to get the personal loans, which can make you dreams real.

Listing News articles (sorted by date)