Wanted: Game Programmer
published Monday, 12 Aug. 2013, 15:00 by ZPSHicks
Zero Point Software is looking for a talented and enthusiastic all-round game programmer to join our team of indie game developers currently working on the ambitious title Interstellar Marines.
Interstellar Marines is a FPS that merges the best from tactical shooters with believable science fiction and role-playing - think Half-Life meets System Shock, giving birth to Rainbow Six in space.
At ZPS we offer a highly creative environment where you will be working closely with industry-experienced coworkers in an agile team, to bring the game to life update for update.
We’re using the self-dubbed Open Door Development methodology to develop Interstellar Marines; It focuses on delivering periodic releases to the gamers that have purchased the game, while the game is still in active development - a unique and exciting challenge in of itself!
- Iteratively build game functionality in collaboration with your fellow team members
- Be part of designing and creating the gameplay, framework and infrastructure for a game that is constantly evolving, yet always playable and entertaining.
- Build innovative tools that help the team deliver a better product faster
- Deliver functional, tested and maintainable code that's ready to ship periodically
- Actual demonstrable game development experience
- Fluent in C++ / C#
- Strong analytical, debugging and code design skills
- Experience building networked games
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral (Danish / English)
- Strong collaborative attitude and ability to interact with team members of different disciplines
- A passion for computer games and an instinct for game design
- Ability to work full-time in Copenhagen
- Shipped game titles
- Experience with animation/AI/graphics/physics programming
- Preferred experience working with Unity3D or similar game engines
- Web development experience and/or online community experience
- Database development experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Agile practices exposure (Scrum, Lean, XP etc.)
We can offer you:
- Full time position with a competitive salary
- A chance being part of an experienced team working on a revolutionary new take on FPS gaming.
- The thrill of building new technology the world has yet to see
- To be part of a small indie company with great ambitions
Applying for this position:
- If you see yourself in a position to join our ranks, please send us your CV and portfolio demonstrating proficiency and talent, previous work, source code, prototypes etc. (max 10 MB email or link to online resource) to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: "Programmer Application; [your name]")
- Starting date: 1st of September 2013
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME
Zero Point Software