Wanted: Game Programmer (NOW)

published Tuesday, 4 Oct. 2011, 12:00 by ZPSHicks

Zero Point Software are looking for a talented and enthusiastic all-round game programmer to join the creative team of developers working on the ambitious AAA Indie title Interstellar Marines: Deadlock.

We offer a highly creative environment, working closely with industry experienced coworkers in a small agile team. We are changing how games are made using our exciting and revolutionary open door development strategy, that focuses on periodic releases of a browser-based multiplayer game, with the greatest online community in the world.

Experienced inside multiple dynamic combat environments, Deadlock provides tactical AAA FPS multiplayer gaming, served directly in your browser and is our strong competitive edge towards competitors.

Responsibilities:

• Iteratively build game functionality in collaboration with your fellow team members
  • Be part of designing and creating the framework and infrastructure for an update-able browser-based multiplayer game
  • Build innovative tools that help the team deliver a better product faster
  • Deliver functional, tested and maintainable code that's ready to ship periodically

Requirements:

• Actual demonstrable game development experience
  • Fluent in C++ / C#
  • Strong analytical, debugging and code design skills
  • Experience building networked games
  • A collaborative attitude and willing to pitch in on many areas
  • Strong communication skills - written and oral (English and/or Danish)
  • A passion for computer games is mandatory

Pluses:

• Instinct for fun and game design
  • Shipped game titles
  • Experience with animation or physics programming
  • Preferred experience working with Unity3D or similar game engines
  • Web development experience and/or online community experience
  • Database development experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
  • Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, JavaScript)
  • Agile practices exposure (Scrum, Lean, XP etc.)

We can offer you:

• Full time position with a competitive salary
  • A chance being part of an experienced team working on a revolutionary new take on FPS gaming
  • The thrill of building new technology the world has yet to see
  • A great team environment with skilled and dedicated colleagues located in the heart of Copenhagen, Denmark
  • Being part of a small company with great ambitions

Applying for this position:

• If you see yourself in a position to join our ranks, please send us your CV and portfolio demonstrating proficiency and talent, previous work, source code, prototypes etc. (Either as online resource or max 10 MB email) to: jobs (a) zeropointsoft.com (subject: "Programmer Application; [your name]")
  • Worksite: Copenhagen V
  • Starting date: ASAP!
  • We strongly recommend that you read more about our vision, our strategy and our game.

Zero Point Software

Comments

it would be my dream to work with you, but I can't program fluent and fast:'(
fml

Would love to work with a team like yours. Unfortunately do I have no clue on how to programme:/

If you want many applicants, you could post this on MODDB. Think there are some really talented people there that would love a chance on a bigger title.

...And it would create more exposure:)

@ Crawing: Already posted on ModDB / IndieDB, waiting their approval! :)

@ ZPSHicks: Ahh great! I see you are very intelligent people ;)

Well, this is my first post and i would like to congrat all the members of this team for the excelent work that you have developed so far...

I would love to have an oportunity like this, but i'm in third year of university in Engineering Digital Game Development, at Polytechnic Institute of Cavado and Ave (Technology School) in Portugal,so, i have to finish it.

I found interstellar Marines last year when I got to work with Unity3D for one of our classes. It's really fantastic the work that you've been doing and inspiring.

Keep the good work, but slowly, i hope to get finished and have the oportunity to work with people like you and with a project like this. :)

cumps

Hope you guys get a good person to help you :) Let us know who the winner is so that we can discuss him on the forums :P

I'd love to come work for them, it'd be a great learning experience. Unfortunately I'm still studying (for game programmer and in unity no less) and I'm afraid a 5 hour commute either way and outside school hours is just not practical.

Hopefully when I need an internship fall 2012 and a full time job later on they'll be open to applications. Maybe on IM2? ;)

I've listed the job opening on 2 very popular forums and I've re-tweeted it and shared it on Facebook as well.

I wish you guys good luck in the hunt. (Not that you need it, you got sharks!) :)

Aww, heck, I'd like to try it, except I'm more of an idea guy and artist, not mch for programming. And anyways, the kind of art I make is with pencil and paper :/.

The only part i didn't shout "FUUUUUUUUUU" was

"Strong communication skills - written and oral (English and/or Danish)"

lol, oral

I would love to join the Team but unfortunatelyl. I am still an aprentice for an other year. And after that i want to study.

Hope you find an genius programmer.

I would, but I'm still learning how to code, and I don't think someone living in Australia can be much help.

I hope you guys find someone good. On that note, do you think you'll be hiring game programmers in 2014? ;)

I could be a programmer but I'm too young. Even though I have experience in pretty much every part of game design except advertising the game itself. Well I hope you guys find a programmer who is older and wiser. I'm sure you guys will find someone. Soon I'll be starting my own Indie game company with some friends I know who have practice with game programming, art design, 3D model design, and all that good junk. So we would be too busy, sorry I am unable to help you though. Unfortunatly I've never made major projects since i've only used Unity3D for two weeks then left it to study game servers, but programming languages I'm pretty fluent in. pretty much anything except AppleScript. Again i'm sorry i'm unable to help.

Ah man I just started college and this is the field I'm going in!
You guys are the kinda team I'd want to join to. Got to hurry my way through college now :P

@All:

I guess it'll always be possible to work on Interstellar Marines; if you got the skills and motivation and if you're willing to more to wonderful Denmark! :)

For the love of the game,
ZPSHicks

So, I'm studying law as of now... Any chance you'll be a big company in need of a German (!) lawyer by 2015? ^^

I'm studying computer repair, servers, and networking. Too bad you guys don't need an IT guy! Best of luck with finding a gifted programmer!

Im 2D artist ... =D I can programm as well as programmer can paint =D

hej, I tried to send the e-mail with the application but I received the following message:
Mail Delivery Subsystem mailer-daemon@googlemail.com to me

show details 12:43 (0 minutes ago)

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

jobs@zeropointsoft.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 552 552-5.7.0 Our system detected an illegal attachment on your message. Please
552-5.7.0 visit http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answe
r=6590 to
552 5.7.0 review our attachment guidelines. v8si9986523bkd.84 (state 18).

----- Original message -----

MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.223.77.69 with SMTP id f5mr23749273fak.3.1318848211606; Mon,
17 Oct 2011 03:43:31 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.223.102.68 with HTTP; Mon, 17 Oct 2011 03:43:31 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 12:43:31 +0200
Message-ID: <CABAN-z4sKnm3VN022vibh085bmPixPPOcYru=dtkmJjG+ppY
rA@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Programmer Application; (I am obscuring on purpose this)
From: (I am obscuring on purpose this)
To: jobs@zeropointsoft.com
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=0015174bf0922a5df104af7c4759

Any help?

Thanks a lot

I'm not a programmer, but i will love to with you guys with graphic design :P

I will love to work*

how to join there?

Love to work with you guys when i get older

Already live in Denmark

FTLOTG!

Listing News articles (sorted by date)