Wanted: 3D Environment Artist
published Monday, 12 Aug. 2013, 14:00 by ZPSHicks
Zero Point Software is looking for a visionary, enthusiastic, exceptional 3D Environment Artist to join our team of indie game developers currently working on the ambitious title Interstellar Marines.
Interstellar Marines is a FPS that merges the best from tactical shooters with believable science fiction and role-playing - think Half-Life meets System Shock, giving birth to Rainbow Six in space.
At ZPS we offer a highly creative environment where you will be working closely with industry-experienced coworkers in an agile team, to bring the game to life update for update.
We’re using the self-dubbed Open Door Development methodology to develop Interstellar Marines; It focuses on delivering periodic releases to the gamers that have purchased the game, while the game is still in active development - a unique and exciting challenge in of itself!
- Collaborate with game director, level designers and conceptual artists to establish the realistic and distinct environments of Interstellar Marines
- Model and texture clean environment modules, props and details
- Structure and organize to file naming conventions in both SVN and Unity
- Share your awesome ideas to help make Interstellar Marines the best game possible
- 4+ years experience in game environment modeling and texturing using Maya and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Exceptional skilled in modeling, unwrapping, baking and texturing clean high poly and low poly game environment models
- Superior eye for architectural science and simplistic functional design
- Innate talent for working in grids and modules
- Extensive knowledge into technical game asset pipelines and optimization workflows
- A collaborative attitude and a willingness to pitch in on many areas
- Strong communication skills - written and oral (Danish / English)
- A passion for computer games and instinct for game design
- Ability to work full-time in Copenhagen
- Shipped game titles
- Experience with lighting/animation/rigging/skinning
- Experience working with Unity3D or similar game engines
We can offer you:
- Full time position with a competitive salary
- A chance being part of an experienced team working on a revolutionary new take on FPS gaming.
- The thrill of building realistic and atmospheric sci-fi environments the world has yet to see
- To be part of a small indie company with great ambitions
Applying for this position:
- If you see yourself in a position to join our ranks, please send us your CV and portfolio demonstrating proficiency and talent, previous work, prototypes etc. (Either as online resource or max 10 MB email) to: email@example.com (subject: "3D Environment Artist Application; [your name]")
- Starting date: 1st of September 2013
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME
Zero Point Software