Log Entry 027: Prologue 11% Unlocked

published Sunday, 4 Nov. 2012, 21:20 by heks

Our first week on Kickstarter is coming to an end and what a ride it has been. They say that "Kickstarting" is a marathon not a sprint, and it sure feels that way.

First of all, we have amassed over $66,000 distributed between more than 2,000 backers which means we're over the 11% mark to completely fund Interstellar Marines: Prologue.

Click to go to our Kickstarter campaign

A huge THANK YOU goes out to everybody who have helped us get this far!

But it's not clear blue skies just yet...

On Kickstarter it's extremely important to get a good start with a lot of backers and hype around the project. This instills confidence in the project for would-be backers, and helps it drive forward in the coming days. The opposite is of course also true.

We're making this point because for the last week we have been surprised time and time again by how many of our close friends, family members, ex-colleagues and acquaintances, who all love our project and have the intention to support us – but have held back "until the time is right"!

Our quiet plea is this; If you intend to support us – NOW is the perfect time to do so.

Kickstarter in a nutshell

Kickstarter is the world's largest crowdfunding platform that helps creative projects, like ours, get funded by the people that truly care about getting the product in their hands.

If people like the project, they can pledge money to make it happen. If the project succeeds in reaching its funding goal, all backers' credit cards are charged when time expires. If the project falls short, no one is charged. Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing.

What if I already supported you on InterstellarMarines.com?

First of all - thanks a lot!

Rest assured that we will reward you just as much as any Kickstarter backer (and more), if we reach our goal.

If you go to our Kickstarter FAQ for Early Supporters page, it will automatically calculate what you are eligible for based on your early support, and the page also explains how to continue your support on Kickstarter, if you choose to do so.

What's up with the question mark on Facebook?

Click to go to our Kickstarter campaign

Fun fact of the day: According to Kickstarters own statistics, if projects reach 30% funded (that's $180,000 in our case) before the halfway mark, there's a 90% chance that they will make it all the way! What goodies we unlock beyond this important milestone is obviously still a secret!

In other news

TotalBiscuit: Last Tuesday we were interviewed by TotalBiscuit while playing on the Deadlock servers and it was friggin' awesome. We expect the video to be online within a few days. Thanks to all of you who showed up on the servers, and gave us a run for your money! ;)

UPDATE: Here's the interview!

Deadlock update: We finally have multiple map support in Deadlock, so we've added the "old" classic Operations map back into the mix, allowing people to get a taste of both indoor and outdoor combat.

For daily news and progress on the Kickstarter be sure to join us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to spread the word about our Kickstarter project!

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software

Comments

Yays for TB interview! It didn't go that well, IMO, though. But I'm sure it will get a good number of new backers!

I think it went well enough to at least get some eyes on the Kickstarter, let's watch those pledges go up now!

why did it take so long till this got poste? I already got the mail some days ago.

@LordMord: Because we needed some sleep.

k hope you rested well. Now i am gona go to bed. And when i wake up i want the counter to be abou 100K.

Well done guys!

Eleven Percent... Blimey, I can't wait to see this thing all the way out.

Let me say something right now-I know I haven't donated any money to the cause yet, but I want to emphasize that "yet". I guarantee that the next pre-order I do will be Interstellar Marines.

@betathreeone it could really use it. I'm assuming from the UK meaning that the cheapest one is only a fiver. Even the full preorder is half the price of a game that size given that it includes two (£40 for prologue and first contact). Either way if we hit the 180000 mark then we have a much better chance because right now its looking a bit dire.

@ZPS Kim: You've mentioned before that you are not PR guys, and that's understandable. So here's a suggestion for a closing statement to every interview you do from now on: "We know what we want, we know where we are going, we have a community backing us up, all we need now is the financial support".

Show not only the passion for the project, but the confidence of standing on solid ground.

-Leowolf-

11 percent. i haven't supported the game, but i'm planning on become a vanguard soon. but i think we're gonna make it to the $600,000 by the deadline.

I would love to support you guys but kickstarter doesn't support paypal and I have no credit card :C

$100k woo hoo!

-Leowolf-

To Kenaz, I'm almost 100% sure they take PayPal. I believe that's how I payed, but I can't remember. It also says they take PayPal on their website. I hope we make it, I've been dieing to play this game for years!

can't wait going to be so good

Dont think they will make their goal :(

you have to remember, most people on kickstarter wait until the last minute to back the project, so we can still expect a big surge towards the end, but make it or not, all of us here are with you all the way! for the love of the game!

Really hope you guys make it. I've already bought the whole trilogy, and trust me I would sent money for the kickstarter, but alas, I am only 13 and therefore have no money.

Even though purchasing Support Medals will end this year; if you decide to make Kickstarter-perks of $100 or more available afterwards on IM.com, will the medals remain included on an "investor's" basis?

damn the 2013 deadline, well i will try to upgrade to front liner, but i think prologue should be $40 front line should be $80 and spearhead $160 because they did say no game should be worth more than $40 on the KS page, so it makes sense.

the deadline perks should be spread out into each badge so the last badge has all three

Project IM continues.

almost have enough for frontliner, what is going to be the fps of the game ? also i was wondering if unlike other games you could actually have an option to set the fps 10, 30, 60 for the game so those people who complain about wanting 60 fps can have it but understand why it is bad and so that way if this game is graphic intense devices of the future can cope with it and you will never have to worry about porting the game to 60fps .I know the video showed real time voice porting (should be put in deadlock) but i think that was your unique selling point as well and i know one video showed it but i think it should've been mentioned in the description for those who cba to see it.

Could we get an update on this? I feel like we're in the dark.

^ This.
It would be nice to hear anything before new year.

ZPS i have another question if this trilogy is done will you carry on being game developers or will you use the money made after making the game to add DLC and updates and then stop

It is a good start if you already come to 11%. I think it needs some more time to get to the goal or atleast to 50%. Give the game some time to reach to 30-50% somewhere between that.

i also hope there is cross play between mac-pc-linux, 360-wii U-PS3-PS vita, ios-android-windows phone 8, those platforms can be supported and thanks to the new feature of being able to adjust the game quicker with the graphics and all that it should be really easy to put IM on all of those platforms.

I just remembered that I gave some money to this project ages ago, before it got on Greenlight AND Kickstarter.

It seems not a lot of progress was made since then. I guess I have no insurance for my money spent, unlike on those new plattforms, right? I guess since you now have to resort to Kickstarter etc., the money I spent is completely gone now.

Well, I just hope you can finish this game, I really do, but I am unsure if I'll ever get my moneys worth out of all this.

you will this game has controllable vehicles which is awesome

3rd may 2013 11:47AM New Zealand, i just found a cool game called Interstellar Marines: BullsEye, i played it i really loved it so i went to find more games bye that dev, couldn't find anything else so i researched and researched and found a few things and i heard about Interstellar Marines:DeadLock, now I am really exited i know they are having trouble with funding and i wish them all the best i know they will go very far if they don't give up they will be bigger than halo and any other game ever, I STILL BELIEVE!

Listing News articles (sorted by date)