Log Entry 016: Will You Believe?

published Monday, 31 Jan. 2011, 00:00 by Kenneth

We realize that it can be difficult to explain the concept of Interstellar Marines and AAA Indie game development to your friends and family, so we’ve put together a comprehensive new video that will get everyone up to speed in less than 5 minutes. Even your grandma will get the message.

Will You Believe?

New Video

In the latest Question of the Week heks asked how we could maximize the exposure of Interstellar Marines in the social media, and there were many suggestions to make a video which explained more. So our beloved Game Director Kim (ZPSHicks) took it upon his shoulders to make the one video to rule them all. It's called "Will You Believe?", and it tells about our vision with the game, how we develop it and how you can support us. This video was featured exclusively on GameTrailers.com during the weekend, which so far has resulted in more than 100.000 views with an average user rating of 9.4 (out of 10) as well as many new registered users. So go show it to your friends, and family and help us spread the word!

"Will You Believe?" - Feature
20Mbit WMV 720p Video available in Briefing Room Comprehensive new video feature that will get everyone up to speed in less than 5 minutes!

Shop discount - last chance

It's last chance to get the 25% discount in the shop - the offer runs out the 2nd of Feburary at 15.00 CET.

Go to our Shop to upgrade your profile and support the development of Interstellar Marines.

Other news

• The traffic generated from the GameTrailers.com exclusive video almost got our webserver to fall on its back. We have now upgraded it to be able to handle more traffic.
  • The video also got us reddit'ed - at this moment, the reddit post has an impressive 584 points
  • This newsletter is sent out using a dedicated newsletter provider, so we hope that it won't hit your spam-folder. If it does, please report it in our forum so we can evaluate the solution.
  • We now have 67.000 registered users, 1187 Spearheads and 109 Frontliners and the total sum of Support Medals is 1785.
  • Remember to check in on our most recent community initiative "Ask the Developers". It has run for 4 weeks now and we have received many interesting questions, and hopefully you will also find our answers interesting.

We appreciate all of you. Your belief means the world to us!

For the Love of the Game,

- Latest Change log updates for InterstellarMarines.com available here: http://www.interstellarmarines.com/forum/threads/id/175/

Comments

Great stuff! May we know how many new members/frontliners/spearheads joined from the GT boom?

Very nice, i joined the Spearheads yesterday and i'm looking forward to hearing more!

how long time shoud i wait before deadlock is playable

That's great news! Good job. :) I'll see if I can afford a few medals.

@th3k1d I am not exactly sure, but id figure ~200ish

5 days ago they had 991 spearheads (http://www.interstellarmarines.com/forum/threads/
id/1055/). They now have 1187. So, whatever 1187 - 991 is lol.

Wonderfull news, this video was a great idea.

Yup, looks like things are rolling into place! Seems like not too long ago we were still approaching 1000 spearheads(:

Oh yes you will believe.

Video is great guys! Its the reason I joined the site today after seeing it on Moddb. :)

That's a pretty damn big increase in Spearheads. Great job Hicks, you really paid your salary on that one :D

welcome to the community Amorphis :) Awesome that you upgraded to spearhead!

This video seems to be quite a hit - good job zps, it is really nice to see the all these new faces, hopefully this will help make it easier to convince investors ;)

@kasperdi: sorry didnt see your post there...so double post from me heh. There is no release date on deadlock yet so we cant know. As zps is still working on getting more funds to boost the development team it is hard for them to say for sure.
But as they say, it is not a matter of if, but a matter of when. So hang in there! :)

1187...? A few days ago, there was a thread on the forums saying "almost 1000"... I am here to express my honest respect to you people. Every. Single. One.

Awesomesauce!!!! GameTrailers is such a good outlet for these sorts of videos and stuff. Fileplanet would be a good place to spread videos and whatnot too! xP

For the love of the game!

I just happened upon this site from Bluesnews and joined just in time! Hooah!

Took me somewhat 2 years but finally became spearhead. You guys can expect some support medals from me in following months. Still cant wait for he game to come out.

Stumbled years ago over your project, gt video reminded me that you existed and now I am a Spearhead.

I´m a spearhead because this was the project i always wanted to join!

what the heck is a spearhead?

It is basicly those who went ahead and got themselves a preorder.

There are two ways to preorder:
1) Frontline account, which gives you the first part of the planned IM trilogy
2) Speahead, which gives you all 3 games at a very cheap price - on top of that there is a max of 75.000 spearhead accounts.

I just arrived through Kotaku, and I must say I'm super excited about this. While I think it is cool what other indie projects (minecraft, Mount&blade, both of which I've bought) are doing, I find it fascinating that an indepent group is actually making a big title, and not "just another indie title".

I can't wait for the first game to arrive, and I really hope you manage to get all three out!

Joined and bought Spearhead after being linked here through Kotaku. Have to say, I really look forward to seeing more of what IM has to offer.

That... and I really do love that warm, fuzzy feeling you get, when you realise you helped contribute some ideas and funding for the game you're playing.

Keep up the great work Zero Point, here's to hoping you'll be able to get at least one game out!

P.S: Maybe you should get Notch to tweet a link here when he gets back from his vacation, provided your servers can handle it. ;)

I've been a member for a while, but after seeing that trailer and playing running man, I knew this would be a great investment. I definitely believe!

I believe since ... Joined ITO forces: 1 year, 3 months ago.

Next paycheck and I'll most likely become a Spearhead Unit. Hope Deadlock is up soon, cannot wait for more stuff from this game!

Will this game ever be released?..

This game is so awesome!!!

When I saw the video I joined almost immediatelly. Ad that 25% discount valid only for last few hours was also impulse to do it and not to wait.

I was going to do it too... then my bank rammed my card up my arse. However i didn't need a price... i was sold from the start with the entire concept, right down to the community. Also sharing very passionate idea's much like my own

Proud supporter from Sweden of this game!

Listing News articles (sorted by date)