INTERSTELLAR MARINES - An overview

published Friday, 15 May 2009, 11:37 by DaBoss

Interstellar Marines is an AAA, FPS, Sci-fi, action and adventure game with an original and unpredictable storyline featuring single and cooperative gameplay, with heavy focus on realism. Planned as a trilogy and targeted at a 17+ audience, the game is currently being developed for PC. In time it's aimed at the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Space port

Set in a believable future, the player is a newly enlisted Special Forces soldier, equipped with the latest in weaponry, armour and gadgets that will embark on a breathtaking adventure. A world filled with challenging scenarios and heart pounding situations that in time draws you deeper into an ongoing plot.

Key features

• Heavy focus on creating a thick realistic feeling of immersion through graphics, sound and game play.
  • Single player or up to four players cooperative game play.
  • A number of different interactive environments, ranging from claustrophobic space stations to large outdoor levels.
  • Persistent character development and skill system
  • Non-linear game play and open ended level design
  • Freely customizable weapons simulation
  • Captivating epic storyline written with focus on the co-operative part of the game

Genre: FPS, Sci-fi, action and adventure game
Platforms(s): PC
Release Date: N/A
Developer: Zero Point Software A/S
Publisher: it’s AAA Indie, baby!

Check out the articles on the right for more details about the game.

Comments

Fedt, lyder rigtig godt. Håber virkelig det bliver til noget godt. <-- Danish.
Cool, very nice indeed. Lets hope that we will get known for something else than Hitman and i really hope you will end up like bungie growing and having a very nice commnunity, just dont let microsoft buy you out! Anyways good luck and im looking forward to this !
Best regards Tobias.

wait, so its not coming out on xbox 360 straight away? dang, oh well i can wait for a game this good

Cant wait to play the game! Looks AMAZING! And the website is great!

PLS do the XBOX 360 release to! Keep up the good work ppl.

I don't care **** for sci-fi shooters... and I'm probably never gonna play yours.

But I think you guys are doing something awesome and I want to support you for your own love of your own game.

And you've got a very cool and professional website too!

Well... here goes nothing.

I've read up on the project a little bit and decided to go ahead and throw my support out. An indie-ish FPS that features persistent characters and their abilities, co-op, and open levels? Good luck and may this game turn out as awesome as I'm hoping it will. Land-sharks and all.

I really hope this comes to the consoles too.

Looks great looking forward to playing . The level of detail will make this fantastic and so realistic keep up the good work.

I really want the PS3 version, co-op will be great! Hope that at least a million people buy the PC version.

Interesting...

this game looks amazing keep it comin

Awesome game concept guys. Keep it up!

Just give us this game already :D can't wait to see a finished polished and so on version :D!
Supported a good cause! so should the rest of you marine rookies who havn't yet!

I have to say, I've been keeping an eye on this game since I saw the first trailer back in 2005. When I didn't see any activity I started to worry but I'm just glad this game is still alive. I really hope it comes out for the Xbox 360 but even if it doesn't I'll still buy it. Keep up the good work and show us a trailer now and again to reassure us.

@ Zodiark: Well, they can't really give out a game which isn't even completed.. :/
But yeah, it'll be cool to see some gameplay once they got some worth showing.

-Enlisted

The more i read about this game the more excited i am for this game!!! :D

Greetings from Norway!!! :D

I like the idea of "donating" with all these peaks - I am really looking forward to a good "space" FPS

I just heard about this game about 20 minutes ago, and as you see, already upgraded to spearhead.

I was just thinking about how games set in the future just get everything wrong and look totally unbelievable. Thank you for not putting random lights or tactically unacceptable colors on the armor. The weapons, honestly, almost look TOO conservative but this is much better than the alternative (pew pew lasers).

Love the game idea, love the devs' attitudes, looking forward to this.

Hi i just now registreited - when i saw trailer, ive been impressed!!!
The game have a style, i hope then you will add teamplay , so good luck , i am watcing for this game)))

I agree with TacticalSpoon, too many dev's create gear for their worlds, Mass effect im looking at you. Simple and clean thats what looks mostly relatable, but i do agree that the weapons do look alittle conservative, but okay we have only had guns for 200 years and if you look at it, weapon design hasn't really changed during the last 50 or so years its just new and improved models!

@ A_Shepard: 200 years? Oh no my friend, you are mistaken. After doing a quick internet search, the earliest date I see for a recorded firearm is 1364. Granted, at that time traditional bows and crossbows were much more practical than guns were, but the lineage goes back far longer than 200 years. As for firearm innovation in the last 50 years, I can really only say I half agree with your viewpoint. But I digress, my wall of text on that subject will have to wait for the actual forums.

xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 xbox 360 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!

An interesting and bold projekt and it has the potential to be a great game! Hope you guys succeed - keep op the good work!

xBreakdown, as far as I know, they will first release it for PC, then for other platforms (depending on how much money they have, I guess).

Have people even read the "headline"? I mean, it's says it's aimed for PS3 and X360 IN TIME.
So we know that now, stop crying about it. :|

Anyway, looks really good, keep the work going.

Just give me a gun, a good story, some memorable enemies and environments, friendly AI that can actually shoot back, hit something and actually help out in a firefight and you guys should have a game that's done everything other games can't.

Did I mention communication? Unscripted communication (i.e. calling for help, calling out positions of hostiles, reloading call and some useful dialogue and verbal help) in this game would be a key that holds it together. Nothing destroys immersion more than a gunfight without shouts of helpful information.

oh yea, I almost forgot, keep up the good work, I've never been so interested in a game as yours.

njeon:

12 hours, 27 minutes ago

Big agree for communication. Soldiers are trained to shout communication during firefight as much as possible. Always calling out contacts, ammo count, moving position, covering. A quiet squad is a DEAD squad. The NPC teammates should always be talking to Player character with voice and radio chatter. Really help immerse the player.

And hey, throw in some tactical support for the 4-man team. No military in the world in their right mind sends 4 guys on a dangerous mission without tactical support/aid, no matter how well trained they are.

Please release the ps3 version soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS3!!!!!

Awsome game!!
First saw the game on IGN with the picture of the shark looking awsome thing.
Hope u release it as soon as u can, but finsh it fully don't leave it halve finshed just to release it early.
keep up the good work on this EPIC game!!!!!!!!!

now if only i could find any indication of at least a ROUGH release date >.> so far after searching the site and many others, no release date has been found lol.

i cant weit!!

I hope you end up like bungie in one way the growing part but not in another way the gay ass game "Halo"

Looks great. Landsharks.

Please keep up the great work!!!!! I will tryto donate as soon as I can!

there is only one game on my horizon and its name is INTERSTELLA MARINES finally looks like a game developer got it right Infinity ward take note looks like theres a new player in town.

when does it come out?

First chapter is due in next few weeks :D:D:D just can't wait for it to come out :D:D

Hey guys, love what you're doing here, I think that it's great to have you guys making this game, it looks amazing and sounds like you're working diligently on giving us something that we'll remember for a very long time. I especially like having the open ended levels, I've always hated feeling boxed in by some stupid two-foot tall wall of awesome invisible power! Haha, well, good luck to ya, can't wait for the game!
---Ekis

So far your game looks incredible! I really appreciate the fact that your independent developers working hard on your game :) Best of luck to all of you developers!

Looking very nice so far on bullseye! Would love an ALT head movement button like Arma2 ;)

I don't want so sound like an idiot but...is the finished game going to be free to play or will we half to buy a digital download or something? I don't understand if this game is free or not, I mean bullseye is, but will the full game be?

No, but beeing indie, it will certainly not be expensive for an AAA title. In fact, you can already "upgrade" your account to support the development and receive a great bunch of advantages - among them, the first game or the entire trilogy, for Frontliner and Spearhead accounts respectively. We don't know if the pricing will change after the release.

is there a chance if you will release the game for PC?

PC is top priority, actually (according to the current plan, anyway).

I'm sold , Im gonna buy this game asap when i have the cashhh.

so u mean when the game is in full release its not free anymore :(

atleast they could make it an browser game....

Looking forward to the co-op gameplay.

Looking forward to the co-op gameplay.[2]

i'm really looking forward to this game coming out. it's what i've always wanted in a fps! i think this has the potential to do better than the "Halo" series! GO INTERSTELLAR MARINES!

oh, and i wouldn't mind it being out for 360 too!

so whats the difference between spearhead and frontliner?

Basically, Frontliners invest in the development of the first game, while Spearheads do for the development of the whole planned trilogy. Naturally, you "only" get the first game "for free" if you upgrade to a Frontliner account. Spearheads slots are also limited. Besides that, however, Frontliners have access to the same extra contents.

man the first time I have seen the screenshots of this game in IGN i was caught XD ahahhaa ... I just had to come here... well it is a shame, i can't help you guys right now with money ... BUT I will do my best to get the word out and let other people know about this game.

The whole independent concept is a win-win situation, with so much garbage in games today I am looking forward badly for this game !

Keep up the good work, the game looks awsome and i cant wait to buy it :)

Norway

it goes to the ps3....Q _ Q
I think when it comes out I give MW2 for it away because it´s just amazing..
youre gonna make this game amazing but plz don´t let it be like daikatana many promises but then it´s just bad, or MW2 where the story has many things it doesn´t need (cough cough airport and character dies every 5th mission cough).
And watch out for the multiplayer and.

it goes to the ps3....Q _ Q
I think when it comes out I give MW2 for it away because it´s just amazing..
And watch out for the multiplayer!

it goes to the ps3....Q _ Q
I think when it comes out I give MW2 for it away because it´s just amazing..
And watch out for the multiplayer!
p.s. character customisation ( colors, helmets, armors, armor accesoirs) would be awesome

Spess marines fighting landwalking space sharks? Sign me up!

Physics cannot be obvious if you're facing mechs and not sharks. i wish to see destructible environments and drivable vehicles, too. That would really immerse one into the game

I would rather see lots of customizables like weapons and armor

I just joined up to support what appears to be a great game. I would have differed in character design, but overall I think this is a universe I can get excited about. I love the business model concept and hope more will enlist!

Just found out about this on PC gamer, can't wait to try Bullseye when I get home, probably gonna upgrade to spearhead.
I really hope this doesn't become vaporware, it looks awesome!!!!

This looks really great man. You made me really curious. The only thing I'm still wondering (as an anarchist) about the intentions and organisation are: are your motives anti-capitalist? and is your organisational level collective and non-hierarchical? or is it just another 'free'-market project with bosses in regular clothes?

The material all looks very nice I must say by the way. You people are doing a great job on that so far. I'm just wondering if you are truely as revolutionary ;)

Cheers!

games gonna be sick

Implement ridable bear tanks kthnx

Dear goodness stop asking for a 360 Port. It can be played on nearly any computer Mac or PC, not to mention it can be played on one of those crappy netbooks with very nice performance and graphics.

You have my support, proudly Spearhead since the first day I found this lovely piece of art. Hope you guys give new meaning to realism in games !

Game seems prettier good can't wait to become a spearhead member

do I need to install the game or just play in the browser ?

@aespon
i think it's just browser. no idea what the finished game is going to be like. keep up the good work zero point!

*Non-linear game play and open ended level design*

This is what is important and what makes a game really great.

yep... this game is a ton better that what i have played on the pc... you guys are doin great. keep it up

PC PC PC PC

also if final game going to be browser based like these test modules?

rather have a normal install game, feels more solid bro

AAaahh...... .Make it for PC too! :) I've only played the target practice for a few hours and I'M HOOKED! Honestly, if i had the money (and a decent computer) i would buy it... sadly being short of cash its a no can do. But I Like whats going on here. I don't think I've ever seen a freelance game this good ANYWHERE. and thats its from the browser.... O my gosh... I didn't think this was even POSSIBLE let alone this amazing! You have opened my eyes to what free lancing could be....

Two interweb thumbs up!

~WhiteCloak~

Can u please put deadlock on mac app store, because i don't like opening my web browser every time i wan't to play these games. I just wan't to be able to click on the app and open it. I will happily pay $5 to be able to play it as a standalone game rather that in my browser. Because i can't be bothered typing in your website, logging in, clicking on deadlock, waiting for it to load on my slowish internet, i know it caches (however you spell it) the game so it doesn't take so long to load but it still loads a bit. It also runs slower than a standalone game. Then for Interstellar Marines: First Contact i will pay $30 if you put it on the mac app store, and if you think apple taking 30% is not good, then just make it 30% more expensive. Because i don't have a credit card or pay pal so i can't buy it from steam or whatever, i only can buy gift cards that i redeem for itunes credit. I will happily pay to support the creation of this game, but i just can't buy support medals and things. So by doing this u may also attract the attention of some mac users that have not heard of this game, then you may get some more money. So please read this and not ignore this comment, and think about if u think it's a good idea putting it on the mac app store. You could have links and things in the app, and you could make it so you need to have an account to play it, so then people would come to your website to make an account and see lots more about the game and who you are and what is your vision.

I think you should also put it on xbox live as an arcade game, you could have all your slices or maybe just deadlock. And the rest of slices to come. Maybe 1200 microsoft points :D

if it releases on PS3 also i will buy it

sup guys,pvt. catdaddy here also known as buckshot, want to let you guys know that this game might be the bomb when comes out, right. just saying. P.s(by the way,when you see my name,yes its stupid but to be honest,i didn't know what name to pick so if you do see in the feedback "area", you guys can laugh it up, or talk crap about).

Have to stop reading about the game...The more I read the more I want it. Bte I can not upgrade to Spearhead...Visa does not work wtf?

ya great game but its not going to be rated M i should know probalbly Teen for blood language
and violence so it s not going to be rated M so just why would u say that have you payed atention to your game? but lets see what you acompleshed good story check!
good RPG THING check! cool enemys check! good inviroments chek. cool co op chek
versus multiplayer well no but it would be good it could be 64 person multiplayer! it would be more competiteve and fun but co op is still cool! anyways becoming a spearhead in november

does picture above is created with unity engine too?
its cool!

Err... Will this be free?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ARE GUYS INSANE do you know seee consoles kill games a lot of the time. Because from what I have seen people on consoled have a lower standard of games. Also games on consoled have to be played down to to limited technology the I'd of this being put on a consoled makes me sad I think this game is better then that.

I'm really loving the small slices you guys have made so far. And honestly I can't wait for more releases/updates.

I see great potentiel in you guys - This franchise can become really huge.
I just hope you'll flesh out the universe even more, Maybe post some more articles on small stories and general lore pieces, That would be really awesome.

I've enjoyed the training part, you're doing a great job!! Can't wait till it's ready!!

OH ! THIS IS WAY BETTER THAN CALL OF DUTY 4! XD SWEET!

ya well I WANA PLAY DEADLOCK

DEADLOCK GOO

? ??? ???????

? ??? ???????

a kak igpat?

you should really make this a game like an RPG. where you can level up to unlock better skills and stuff. go back to the good old games like Fallout. maybe even multiple endings like Silent Hill

I still love this game!

como ago para jugarrr porfavor estoy ansiosooo

1 year ago

spearhead or frontliner it to multiplayer

10 months, 1 week ago

Im lost

Listing Game Info articles (sorted by date)