Update 16: Assault On Starcrown Aerospace
published Wednesday, 17 Dec. 2014, 00:00 by ZPSPhyrefli
Get ready for some festive fun with an action packed Update 16! A new campaign co-op map, a new multiplayer map, the return of T-IM101 and several more enhancements are in this update.
Update 16: Assault On Starcrown Aerospace!
2014 has been an incredible year for Interstellar Marines, and we want to say goodbye to it with a bang! So to make sure the holiday season is tons of fun, Update 16 includes a brand new campaign co-op map, a brand new multiplayer map AND something the community has been requesting for a long time: vastly improved hit detection. And last but not least, T-IM101 is back in Xmas Mayhem!
Starcrown is a large, ambitious campaign co-op map where stealth and ingenuity are the keys to success. Your mission is to infiltrate and recover confidential development data from Starcrown Aerospace, whilst maintaining the integrity of your team. The second map we're introducing, Dynacore, is a wonderful winter-themed multiplayer map with many dynamic elements which ensure no two games are ever alike.
Improved hit detection is something our community has requested many times. After a lot of work we've introduced a brand new type of hit detection which is extremely accurate - you will hit what you aim at with no need to lead. In testing, this has transformed gameplay for us, and we hope it will do the same for you!
One last major thing we've included is a very early version of our stats system. You can see your stats in the Profile tab in-game. We'll be working hard on this over the coming several months to improve both the presentation and the type and variety of stats we will have. Please keep in mind we will have to reset the stats from time to time as we improve them.
Join The Christmas Tournaments!
Bozar is running a Community Tournament and a separate Clan Tournament during the holiday period to take advantage of the break.
The Community tournament will take place over 2 days:
- December 18th 15:00 - 23:00 GMT
- December 20th 15:00 - 23:00 GMT
- Click here for the full details.
And the Clan tournament will take place on a single day:
- December 28th 15:00 - 23:00 GMT
Update 16 is the last update before the holidays, and it is one we're really proud of.
The last few updates have represented a seismic shift in Interstellar Marines. We now have 7 co-op maps to play, as well as numerous multiplayer maps. That's a huge number of co-op maps in only a few months, and we're amazed at the support the community has given us during this time. Co-op is the heart of Interstellar Marines, so to exit 2014 with so much co-op content to play puts a huge smile on our faces.
2015 is going to be another important year for Interstellar Marines. We have some very interesting ideas for the first updates, and we'll share them with you as soon as we've decided which ones we're going to pursue first.
On behalf of all of us at Zero Point Software, have a merry holiday and a wonderful New Year!
Released: 17th December 2014
- ADDED: New Co-Op Mission Map: Starcrown
- ADDED: New Dynamic Multiplayer Map based on the Astrodome framework: Dynacore
- ADDED: Revive 2.0 to Multiplayer and Co-op
- ADDED: First iteration of Stats viewable through the Profile tab. Note, we will need to reset this several times as we develop
- ADDED: New hit detection system
- ADDED: Ability for players to be admins with the ability to kick or ban
- ADDED: LoD for crates
- ADDED: Several AI game events
- ADDED: Physics-based performance improvements
- UPDATED: Revive now has a timer
- UPDATED: Xmayhem game mode to accomodate changes during the last 12 months
- UPDATED: Crates and other props across several existing levels
- UPDATED: TPs are now shared between players who are capturing a capture zone in Deadlock
- The HUD names and kill messages will be clipped on aspect ratios that are less wide than 16:10
- The game will stop updating when switching out of fullscreen in Windows (known bug in Unity 4)
- View jittering may occur when jumping on lossy networks
- Audio may cut off partially/completely on weapon/helmet sounds
- Other players will seem to float above or interpenetrate while standing on a moving dynamic platforms (network smoothing will exaggerate this effect)
- Potential to fall through elevator when moving
- Sometimes bots will not appear in single player maps. Restart the game and they will appear
- FIXED: "Remove Team Kill penalty in co-op"
- FIXED: "#1 Clan logo now shows"
- FIXED: "Difficulty now shows in Get Killed By Bots"
- FIXED: "Chat and kill messages now show when suit HUD down"
- FIXED: "After suiciding, spawn as a spectator in the next round"
- FIXED: "Railings in each map to ensure they have colliders and do not double-cast shadows"
- FIXED: "Reload sound continues to play when cancelled by silencer animation"
- FIXED: "Dynamic platforms in Elevation now work"
- FIXED: "Numerous additional bug and performance fixes and updates"
Head on over to our Steam store page and check it out!
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software