Update 15: Stealth Suppressed
published Friday, 21 Nov. 2014, 00:00 by ZPSPhyrefli
Update 15 has two more maps with added co-op and singleplayer game modes, and sound suppressors for both the SMG and Assault Rifle.
Update 15: Stealth Suppressed
We're back with two more co-op & singleplayer maps, as well as brand new stealth options. So suit up, and get ready to experience a more silent and tactical approach to combat.
The stealth options we've included in this update are two-fold. First is the AI's ability to detect different light levels - which means you can now carefully move through the shadows - and second is the addition of an optional sound-suppressor for both the SMG and Assault Rifle. These additions add a whole new tactical layer of decision making to how you approach and complete co-op challenges and multiplayer games.
We've also added the challenging Elimination game mode to the urban combat range of Mainline, and the multi-purpose training arena Colony is now a Survival map, making both those maps singleplayer and co-op.
We've had awesome feedback from the community on the maps we've already released. With the new Mainline and Colony co-op and singleplayer maps, we now have five Challenge maps plus The NeuroGen Incident, with even more to come! We hope Mainline and Colony will receive as much love from you as the other maps have, and we look forward to hearing your feedback on them.
SITREP 8 is out!
SITREPs are all about sharing what goes on behind the scenes as we release each update on our journey towards building Interstellar Marines.
The latest SITREP covers the creation of update 15, including Lukas' work on the two new maps, Mainline and Colony, and Ronnie's new animations for the SMG and AR sound-suppressors.
We also lift the veil on the marketing efforts we have been focusing on to get word out about Interstellar Marines. It's no coincidence the "buzz" around Interstellar Marines has increased hugely since Thordis came on board.
If you have any feedback on the SITREPs, or anything more you'd like to see in them, please do let us know!
Update 15 is our third update in two months. We are aiming to release content updates so you and your friends can enjoy new co-op and singleplayer challenges on a regular basis.
Update 15 is also the second update in a row where we've been able to utilise the toolbox we developed whilst creating The NeuroGen Incident. We'll be releasing another update in December which will include new maps as well as new tech, and hopefully an early version of our stats system. This will become the first building block of AI SARA, and will allow us to introduce many new and exciting features as we move into 2015.
In the last newsletter we encouraged you to take part in our video competition with a €50 first prize. Many of you decided to take the challenge and we received many, many great videos. We have chosen three kick-ass videos and asked the community to vote on which one should win the prize. Please cast your vote on which one you think should win - but be quick, the voting ends Friday, November 21st!
Released: 20th November 2014
- ADDED: Sound-supressor for both SMG and Assault Rifle. Sound and damage curves have been adjusted
- ADDED: Survival B game mode to Colony for co-op and singleplayer gameplay
- ADDED: Elimination B game mode to Mainline for co-op and singleplayer gameplay
- ADDED: Ability for AI to sense how much light is falling on a Marine
- ADDED: Numerous AI upgrades to enhance the AI's intelligence
- ADDED: New weather state to Colony
- UPDATED: AI balance has been tweaked around the ability to see light levels
- UPDATED: AI tweaked and upgraded for Defective and Guards
- UPDATED: Nucleus, Stronghold and Operations to support new AI light vision
- UPDATED: Mainline to make it more AI friendly and add extra cover for AI bots
- UPDATED: Colony to add more cover for AI bots
- UPDATED: Non-supressed sounds for the SMG and AR
- UPDATED: Difficulty level is now shown in playground and Get Killed By Bots
- The HUD names and kill messages will be clipped on aspect ratios that are less wide than 16:10
- The game will stop updating when switching out of fullscreen in Windows (known bug in Unity 4)
- View jittering may occur when jumping on lossy networks
- Audio may cut off partially/completely on weapon/helmet sounds
- Other players will seem to float above or interpenetrate while standing on a moving dynamic platforms (network smoothing will exaggerate this effect)
- Potential to fall through elevator when moving
- Sometimes bots will not appear in single player maps. Restart the game and they will appear
- Number 1 clan logo does not show up in the scoreboard. Current number 1 clan is -TEK-
- FIXED: "Chat not working under certain conditions"
- FIXED: "Scoreboard not disappearing when HUD is down"
- FIXED: "Waypoint not reappearing if you turn off a powerbox in Survival A"
- FIXED: "Joining as a spectator in a Nucleus server"
Head on over to our Steam store page and check it out.
Keep the great feedback coming!
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software