Update 14: Tactical Incursion
published Thursday, 23 Oct. 2014, 00:00 by ZPSPhyrefli
Update 14 is the first content update after The NeuroGen Incident, and includes 3 co-op maps and 3 new game modes.
Update 14: Tactical Incursion
Following on from the release of The NeuroGen Incident, Update 14 contains three co-op and singleplayer maps, as well as three brand new game modes.
The co-op Survival game mode, where you are challenged to infiltrate and activate various power nodes whilst fending off waves of highly aggressive Defective CTRs, has been added to one of the community's favourite maps, Operations. Stronghold's lush forests and dense urban area host a running co-op gunfight between you, your buddies, and specially tweaked Guard CTRs intent on ending your career as an Interstellar Marine in the co-op Elimination game mode.
And finally we have Nucleus, which is a reworked and heavily updated version of the demo we release for PAX. We've lavished lots of love on Nucleus, and added the Escape co-op game mode to it, pitting up to 4 players against a multitude of relentless CTRs.
Oh, and we've also gone a bit crazy with Get Killed By Bots - but we'll let you figure out the changes ;)
Update 14 also includes the two hotfixes we released for The NeuroGen Incident, as well as a large number of tweaks and improvements.
Think You Can Make A Great Video?
Take part in our €50 competition!
We've seen a lot of awesome Interstellar Marines videos, especially since the release of The NeuroGen Incident. So we're running a competition to find the best, and we'll be giving the winner €50!
The competition is open to everyone, and the basic rules are very simple: send in your gameplay video and we'll select the top three. The community will then vote for the winner from the final three, and the winner will win €50 in prize money. Want to take part? Please visit our Facebook page to enter and read the full rules:
After the release of The NeuroGen Incident we created a very in-depth Producer diary.
The NeuroGen Incident was a huge release for us, and gave us a large toolbox we can now use to create new and very varied co-op missions with existing and new maps. We've used this new toolkit to add a new co-op game mode to both Operations and Stronghold, and to "spruce up" and improve the original PAX demo.
We're going to follow on with this model for the next couple of updates. So we'll have another map/game mode oriented update in November, and a third one coming along in December. We want to use these new tools to provide you with as many maps and game modes as possible. And then we're going to tie them all together, giving you rewards for completing various missions and challenges on your way to becoming an Interstellar Marine!
Released: 22nd October 2014
- ADDED: Escape game mode to Nucleus for co-op and singleplayer. Nucleus is the new name for the PAX demo map.
- ADDED: Survival game mode to Operations for co-op and singleplayer gameplay
- ADDED: Elimination game mode to Stronghold for co-op and singleplayer gameplay
- ADDED: Hotfix 1 and 2 from Update 13
- ADDED: AI can no longer see through foliage (specifically added for the Stronghold map)
- ADDED: AI Guards can now spawn with either SMG or AR
- UPDATED: Get Killed By Bots has been updated with iteration 1 of the War mode
- UPDATED: AI for Defective and Guards tweaked and upgraded
- UPDATED: Killing a CTR now rewards you with 5 TPs
- UPDATED: Stronghold to make it more compatible with the Elimination game mode and CTRs
- The HUD names and kill messages will be clipped on aspect ratios that are less wide than 16:10
- The game will stop updating when switching out of fullscreen in Windows (known bug in Unity 4)
- View jittering may occur when jumping on lossy networks
- Audio may cut off partially/completely on weapon/helmet sounds
- Other players will seem to float above or interpenetrate while standing on a moving dynamic platforms (network smoothing will exaggerate this effect)
- Mainline and Mainline Winter maps have been temporarily removed from the multiplayer map rotation
- Team Domination has been removed until issues can be fixed
- Potential to fall through elevator when moving
- Sometimes bots will not appear in single player maps. Restart the game and they will appear
- When joining Nucleus you may be in spectator mode. Have a team mate TK the player you are spectating, and then rejoin the server
- Number 1 clan logo does not show up in the scoreboard. Current number 1 clan is -TEK-
- FIXED: "Audio log progress for The NeuroGen Incident not showing on Steam achievement page"
- FIXED: "Keycard not spawning in the crew area of The NeuroGen Incident"
- FIXED: "Achievements show up in the Profile tab"
Head on over to our Steam store page and check it out.
Keep the great feedback coming!
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software