Update 11: Deadlock Gamemode
published Wednesday, 21 May 2014, 00:00 by ZPSPhyrefli
Intense gameplay with the highly tactical Deadlock game mode, new AR 03 assault rifle, and a huge new map are the highlights of Update 11.
Update 11: Deadlock Gamemode
Deadlock is an intense new game mode for Interstellar Marines. To succeed, you and your team will need intelligence, tactical skill and situational awareness to decide when to push your enemy, when to hold and when to strike for the kill. Deadlock furthers our goal of making Interstellar Marines a highly tactical game and rewards patience, skill and careful manoeuvring.
To enhance and expand the new game play opportunities Deadlock brings, we have introduced the first of our new weapons - the AR 03 Assault Rifle with 4x ACOG scope. The AR 03 is a highly effective mid-long range weapon which excels at engagements at those ranges. The CE-6 SMG has been re-balanced to make it more effective at CQB ranges, cementing its role as the designated close-in weapon.
Update 11 also brings the new map we hinted at the end of our last update video. Stronghold is our second map using the Astrodome framework (Colony was the first) and is the first of our maps to include two very distinct play styles and areas. One half of Stronghold is a dense, lush forest, which gradually blends into a tight, claustrophobic urban area with concealed surprises for the unwary. We have also developed a series of tutorials for new players, which can be accessed through the main menu. To help players understand how to get the most out of playing Interstellar Marines, we will be expanding the number of tutorials over time.
Click here to see Interstellar Marines on Steam
Off the Cuff
Making sure T is for Tactical.
Deadlock is a game mode we really hope will help to promote tactical movement and a more thoughtful, cautious approach to gameplay. Deadlock was initially designed back in 2013, and of course has undergone a significant amount of fine-tuning during development to get it "just right". Please let us have your feedback in the forums and everywhere else you can find us!
Community member Salokin has put together a trailer for his new Interstellar Marines Academy series. We loved it, and hope you do too:
Once again Jonas has been working his video documentary magic.
A few weeks ago we released the latest in our series of mini-documentaries. This latest episode covered the making of the new HUD, which was one small step for game development but one huge step for immersion. The HUD received a hugely positive response and is something we will continue to work on in the future to improve and expand upon it.
Released: 20th May 2014
- ADDED: New game mode titled Deadlock added based on taking and holding 7 control zones
- ADDED: New AR 03 Assault Rifle with 4x ACOG scope
- ADDED: New map titled Stronghold available in both Multiplayer and Playground. Stronghold is based on the same Astrodome framework as Colony
- ADDED: New modules and new textures across several environmental assets
- ADDED: New SARA audio announcements
- ADDED: Base suit work in progress images added to Spearhead folder
- UPDATED: CE-6 SMG has been rebalanced to compliment the AR 03 Assault Rifle
- UPDATED: Colony map has received numerous improvements, including new spawn tunnels
- UPDATED: Capturing capture zones now rewards the player with Training Points
- UPDATED: Evacuation map has been adjusted to work better with the new Deadlock game mode
- UPDATED: Number of kill messages has been increased to 5 to provide space for the additional Deadlock game messages
- UPDATED: Arch and Operations lighting have been updated
- UPDATED: Arch spawns have been updated
- UPDATED: CE-6 SMG reload animation has been changed and RDS sight slightly adjusted
- UPDATED: Kill messages
- Footstep audio and FX does not work on terrain (known bug in Unity 4.3)
- Third-person jump animations does not work correctly yet
- The game will stop updating when switching out of fullscreen in Windows (known bug in Unity 4.3)
- View jittering may occur when jumping on lossy networks
- Audio may cut off partially/completely on weapon/helmet sounds
- Other players will seem to float above or interpenetrate while standing on a moving dynamic platforms (network smoothing will exaggerate this effect)
- Mainline and Mainline Winter maps have been temporarily removed
Head on over to our Steam store page and check it out
Keep the great feedback coming!
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software