Game Update 3

published Wednesday, 7 Aug. 2013, 19:00 by ZPSBozar

It’s time to bring out the “M” in maintenance update (sorry, we just had to)!

This time we’ve updated the game to the latest version of Unity (version 4.2) which have solved a few of our outstanding crash bugs and given us a slight performance increase on all platforms. But the big “maintenance” news is that due to the huge support we’ve received on Steam we’ve added a few more people to the team which will help us get more beefy updates out the door sooon!

Update 4 is planned for Friday next week (if everything goes according to our plans) and in this update we hope to bring you a new large outdoor map staged to simulate an atmospheric evacuation zone right at the heart of a moist swamp environment. We’ll also be working on an initial profile implementation for your combat training stats and maybe we’ll even throw in a small surprise from your subconscious...

Interstellar Marines on Steam

Version: 0.5.3 (maintenance update)
Released: 7th of August 2013

Early Access Update #3

Improvements

• UPDATED: game engine to Unity 4.2 (overall better performance)
  • UPDATED: team with 2 new members (Reese and Necrosonic) and increased office map size
  • UPDATED: game to default to fullscreen native resolution on first startup (possibly fixes "black screen on startup" bug?)
  • UPDATED: OpenGL shadow filtering so shadows on OSX are just as pretty as Windows
  • UPDATED: better shadow casting performance

Fixes

• FIXED: GetThreadContext crash occurring on some Windows PCs
  • REMOVED: temporary "game crashes on quit" hotfix

Keep the great feedback coming!

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software

Comments

8 months, 1 week ago

Awesome! though... can't test anything since my PC is dead... I'm on my moms computer and it runs IM with 2 FPS!

8 months, 1 week ago

i need single player stuff on steam !!!

Freackin' Awesome Game!

8 months, 1 week ago

Good news, guys! We're starting to test updates and waiting for the new ones. Russian infantry corps.

8 months, 1 week ago

Nice pic but, where is balder?!

Also, jump & crouch, that's the update we are waiting for.

8 months, 1 week ago

just tested it, KEEP THE GOOD WORK !

8 months, 1 week ago

welcome back to both of you! We have missed you very much!!

To all our new community members it would make sense if you included in this update what exactly it is each of you do around ZPS ;)

8 months, 1 week ago

I am trying to make a game but my shooting is not working (Unity), the gun is not shooting and the animation plays only when i click, if I keep pressing the fire button it wont work, could anybody help me?

8 months, 1 week ago

yay reese did something in sound right? was it music or sound effects or does he do a bit of everything?

8 months, 1 week ago

Awesome, looking forward to getting to play/test out the new stuff ^ ^

For the love of the game!

@martincabunj

I'm not sure about sound but Reese definitely did the music.

And welcome back you two. This is a happy day indeed for the old timers.

8 months, 1 week ago

This is EPIC...but I cant play for a while (DARN YOU STEAM!!!)

This is coming along great! Awesome job as always :D

Bevor this Update there were Lags every 4 sec. Now no Lags Good Job ;) thx

Whats with Autoreload , and costumize Amor (Head,Body....)

8 months, 1 week ago

Reese is back, osom. Thumbs up!
Update about increased office map size LOL. Imagine Hicks with sledgehammer knocking on nightbours WALL.

8 months, 1 week ago

Man keep up the good work you guys!
FTLOTG!

8 months, 1 week ago

i read a post that said controllable vehicles will be added to the game and then another one where the cm said they weren't please don't tell me they've been removed from the series, add vehicles at one point in the game, please.

8 months, 1 week ago

wow almost a month and we didn't get crouching jumping or even a sidearm i expected huge things from this but i understand now that they upgraded to unity 4.2

8 months, 1 week ago

Add that everybody can paint his solider Who think that a nice Idea Post a PAINT ;D

8 months, 1 week ago

is there a place that tells you what the next update would have?

8 months, 1 week ago

Epic, cant wait to test>

8 months, 1 week ago

looking so great on my Mac - thanks all :-)

8 months, 1 week ago

I don't know if I'm in the right place to make this comment, but who and where do we send game update suggestions if we may... I have a real nasty system, and I run a 3 monitor span accross my displays... and I need access to resolutions of as high as 6000 X 1080 :)

8 months ago

Just got this game last night, The graphics are awesome. How often does it get updated?

8 months ago

where is the update?

6 months ago

Nice, I am now running 5 fps faster, Keep up the epic work!