Dev Diary: Good news and Kickstarter

published Monday, 17 Sept. 2012, 19:19 by heks

This week we have a bit of good news, some information on the Kickstarter rewards and an early sneak peak of the intro scene for the upcoming video.

About Dev Diaries

Dev Diaries is a raw and unfiltered behind-the-scenes look into the development of Interstellar Marines. We will be recording our everyday life as game developers and share them openly with the world, as often as possible.

If you have any questions, feedback and/or suggestions to this format, you are very welcome to voice your opinion in the comments.

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software

Comments

That's good to hear. I am very excited for the Kickstarter and (of course) for the release of IM. I am realy looking forward to your project.

Such a lovely fluttering feeling when there's a new video on progress. Made my day. So glad to hear that there's even some help on the way.

yea new video.

Nice update guys i just hope that rigger and the animator don't wait for the kickstarter end to give you guys a little help on Deadlock. ;)

BTW i have no doubts this kickstarter campaign will be a success, you can count with my pledge and my help on spreading the news..

I'm super excited about the Kickstarter and hope it will be a massive success! :)

I like the still image before loading it. :P (that face literally)

It all sounds great! Hope I can support you guys when the kickstarter comes out. Good job guys! Keep it up!

If anything, try and capture the attention of Reddit like the Kickstarter game Planetary Annihilation did. If you get Reddit to look your way, the pledges will come faster than all funds in the entire IM project funding history. Please don't make it too serious. Appeal to the internet audience with bits of humor and geekiness like in the PA video. Reddit likes stuff like that.

awesome! Yay for videos!

And go lennyboy!!

Btw I had a pretty bad dream tonight - i dreamt that the IM kickstarter video was mediocre :(

@forgefire ... NoooOOOOOO!!! Not, Youuuuu! :)

Fortunately, Maria have already counte-dreamt that we met our goal within 4 days and that we where at 4x that in total when the time runs out! ;)

Fingers crossed! ;)

Counter dreams ftw!

I think it was mostly a matter of me being soooooo pissed at Obsidians KS video that my brain had to do something about it. Look at that video for how *not* to do it. All they do is say "My name is X, I created Y, now give us money" ... Grr!!

@forgefire: That was one of our first conclusions on what NOT to do for KS (a boring "we want to do this" video), plus we were pretty sure that it's impossible to do without having the game development history/nostalgia to back it up with...

True to the vision of IM we're a bit more ambitious with our KS project ;)

Now my brain can relax... *very* good to hear!!

That first sneak peek picture of Kim in the kitchen was already a good sign you were going for something different ;)

I made it into a dev diary. Sweet!

Now, it's fantastic to hear good news (for a change) and I'm very much liking the direction you go.

Enough flattery? I think not! Keep up the good work ;)

I'm pretty sure you/we don't need it, but GOOD LUCK!