Deadlock 0.4.0 Battle Report
published Saturday, 28 April 2012, 03:30 by heks
A fresh copy of Deadlock is online with improved performance, new recoil, kickback and accuracy models on the SMG and an intense in-door map with AI SARA running the show. Yup, it’s time to jack in again!
Getting access to Deadlock
Deadlock version 0.4.0 is online and available to all Spearheads and Frontliners. This version continues our commitment to Open Door Development which provides access to Deadlock, while it’s being developed. Remember that you can get access to Deadlock and help speed-up the development of Interstellar Marines by upgrading your profile to Spearhead or Frontliner in our [Store].
This time we decided to do something a bit different by adding our first in-door map called Operations, which is equipped to handle some intense mid-to-close range combat. AI SARA is running the Combat Training Program in which she’s simulating planned scenarios such as emergency, evacuation, backup power, and offline (pitch-black).
We’ve also added various systems to the weapon handling which gives a more refined experience. Gone are the days of perfect aim and no recoil.
Finally we’ve spent some considerable time hunting down “the performance monster”, the result of which have made our game much more smooth and stable, and playable on even semi-old gaming desktops/laptops, while still staying true to the vision of a completely dynamic game world. This is something we’re extremely excited about!
Watch the video and read on for more details.
"Deadlock 0.4.0" - Video Log
20Mbit WMV 720p Video available in Briefing Room Video Log featuring the new map with the AI-controlled Combat Training Program, new weapon accuracy model, recoil and kickback, and a major tweak and performance overhaul!
- ADDED: New combat range map Operations with a dynamic simulated emergency sequence program run by AI SARA
- ADDED: New weapon accuracy model
- ADDED: Weapon recoil and kickback
- ADDED: Weapon reload (key ‘R’) (no animations yet)
- ADDED: Area-specific reverberations
- ADDED: Toggling of post-process image effects (keys 1-6) (on/off is visualized by small dots at the bottom center of the screen)
- FIXED: Footstep sounds on the Marine
- UPDATED: SMG firing sounds
- UPDATED: Environment textures
- UPDATED: Overall audio mixing
- FIXED: Overall performance
We are very excited about our progress in Deadlock despite we’ve just implemented the most basic of what a AAA FPS normally consists of. We’ve received a lot of positive community feedback saying that we already managed to establish a thrilling and intense environmental setting and mood, which has confirmed us that we’re on the right track.
Some of our next focus areas is weapon handling, character movement and the kill/death experience which will improve and enhance the overall character immersion.
Stay tuned for more Deadlock goodness!
- Sometimes footstep sounds won’t play for other marines
- Other players can sometimes trigger a change in your local reverberation setting
- Triple-clicking the fire button will sometimes trick the server into firing all your bullets (thanks Leowolf)
- When joining a server the lights may not initialize properly until AI SARA changes the sequence
- Once in a while a marine will spawn without a weapon in hand and other clients won’t see his movements. The only fix to this is to reconnect to the server.
- If chat can’t be toggled with ‘T’ it can be due to using the development version of the Unity webplayer. Install the latest official webplayer.
Please leave any game feedback directly related to Deadlock 0.4.0 in this forum thread.
- Registered members: 167,165
- Spearheads: 2,570
- Frontliners: 243
- Support Medals owned: 13,578
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software