Deadlock 0.3.5 Battle Report
published Thursday, 5 April 2012, 12:30 by heks
Last update gave us “the kill loop”, this time we’ve upgraded to the latest and greatest version of Unity3D, revived the Combat Range 01 map and topped it off with Laser and Flashlight prototypes - the combination of which gives a whole new meaning to “a shot in the dark”!
Getting access to Deadlock
Deadlock version 0.3.5 is online and available to all Spearheads and Frontliners. This version continues our commitment to Open Door Development which provides access to Deadlock, while it’s being developed. Remember that you can get access to Deadlock and help speed-up the development of Interstellar Marines by upgrading your profile to Spearhead or Frontliner in our [Store].
This update we’ve been down on programming resources so we decided to focus on getting everything to work in the latest version of Unity3D as well as make a few (mostly) visual prototypes that did not require too much coding. We’ve also brought the “old” Combat Range 01 map back into the mix, which combined with the new prototypes shows great potential for future gameplay features!
Watch the video and read on for more details.
"Deadlock 0.3.5" - Video Log
20Mbit WMV 720p Video available in Briefing Room New animations, image effects, thunder weather mode on Combat Range 01, simple scoreboard and new flashlight & laser prototypes!
- UPDATED: Deadlock project to run on the latest version of Unity3D 3.5
- UPDATED: Combat Range 01 with new thunder and lightning weather modes
- ADDED: Laser prototype (key 'G')
- ADDED: Flashlight prototype (key 'F')
- ADDED: HDR & Tone Mapping added to rendering pipeline
- ADDED: Focused aim prototype (Edge of screen is blurred when aiming)
- ADDED: Names / Kills UI (key 'N')
- UPDATED: Marine animations
Our near future focus is centered around introducing more tactical prototypes such as skill-based reload, in-game weapon management of extension and modes, immersive situational awareness, weapon simulation etc. which will all help us slow the gameplay down to where it “belongs”.
We also want to add more meaningful game-modes to enhance the core tactical gameplay experience and at the same time add more contextual mood and feel to the sci-fi setting that is Interstellar Marines.
In other words; it’s time to deliver on the features that will bring Deadlock past it’s current “run and gun”-only gameplay and demonstrate how Interstellar Marines is so much more than just another mindless present-day shooter.
- All character related sounds does not currently work. It will be fixed in the next update.
- Once in a while a marine will spawn without a weapon in hand and other clients won’t see his movements. The only fix to this is to reconnect to the server.
- If chat can’t be toggled with ‘T’ it can be due to using the development version of the Unity webplayer. Install the latest official webplayer.
- The weather system has been refactored and has consequently resulted in various small artifacts such as light from distant explosions during the warzone weather mode is not working properly.
- Registered members: 164,255
- Spearheads: 2,525
- Frontliners: 234
- Support Medals owned: 13,484
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software