Deadlock 0.2.0 Battle Report
published Friday, 27 Jan. 2012, 17:00 by ZPSHicks
Welcome to the first biweekly Deadlock Battle Report. Long gone are the bells of Christmas and in are the first iteration of a new Combat Range map as well as a new exciting prototype sandbox map we’re calling Playground.
Deadlock version 0.2.0 is online and available to all Spearheads and Frontliners. This version continues our commitment to Open Door Development which provides access to Deadlock, while it’s being developed. Remember that you can get access to Deadlock as well as support the development of Interstellar Marines by upgrading your profile to Spearhead or Frontliner in our [Shop]
This update includes, among other things, two new maps, a dynamic lighting system, first prototype of ragdolls, and character sounds. Read on for a detailed report.
- Added new map: Mainline - first iteration of a multiplayer map
- Added new map: Playground - sandbox map for testing various prototypes
- Added new ragdoll prototype
- Added new dynamic lighting system
- Added new system for controlling character sounds
- Added join / leave messages to the chat
- Added support for playing the game in standalone (sandbox) mode
- Added new map selector frontend
- Added temporary reverberation and room-tone volumes on Mainline and Playground
Mainline (Combat Range 2)
Mainline is designed to offer both close, mid- and long range combat by exposing several different sight lines. The map will also be used to test various domination gameplay, centered around control point in each of the three main buildings.
Dynamic lighting system
The first iteration of a new lighting system has been added to all our light prefabs, allowing us to simulate a whole range of cool lighting effects such as color and flicker randomizing, intensity fluctuation, light groups, damage states and destruction.
The next sprint we will be focusing on getting the “Get paralyzed, and paralyze others” game-loop up and running so we can finally start shooting each other.
As most of you have probably already noticed, we’re deeply committed to pushing the capabilities of Unity beyond what anyone has done so before; simulating dynamic lights, shadows, weather etc. - and we’re just getting started!
- Low frames-per-second (FPS) when loading the Playground map while in fullscreen. (Temporary fix: After loading the map in fullscreen, exit and enter fullscreen again for increased FPS)
- Registered members: 152,160
- Spearheads: 2,429
- Frontliners: 211
- Support Medals owned: 13,068
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software