For the love of the game

published Wednesday, 13 May 2009, 19:01 by ZPSHicks

Check out this video to get some inside about the history of Zero Point Software and to meet some of the people behind it. It's a story of having a vision and fighting to stay true to it; it's a story about doing what everyone says can't be done; and it's a story about love. Love for the game.

"For the love of the game" - Feature Our past, current and future challenges all coming together in the story of how we got this far!
20Mbit WMV 720p Video available in Briefing Room

For the Love of the Game is the mantra at Zero Point Software. The company was founded for the love of the game, the business decisions we make are for the love of the game, and the people who work at Zero Point Software all do so for the love of the game.

Comments

These guys may just be mad enough to make this the best game ever.

"Community is king", I laughed.

Having spent a bit of time with these guys, I can vouch for your assessment, MarkRadley. - They are mad, indeed! :)
But you can really see that they believe in this and are willing to go the extra mile(s) it takes to make it just that bit better! Keep it up, guys!

I gotta admit, I joined up because this is interesting and different, and I wanna see how it turns out.

Nothing like the danish accent xD The game charĀ“s gotta have a guy with a danish accent and you will also have a game with alot of laughs in it :P Anyways GL guys!

i'm comming on board , just want to believe.... keep the eyes on the ball you'll make it!

I er bare for seje! Held og lykke.

I hope You'll succed Guys. I definatelly would like to buy this game!

Whenever it comes out guys, its definitely a first day purchase for me. I love what your doing and the passion you have for it. And also how you not only say the community is important but the ways you go about showing that community is key to a successful product (not talking commercially successful but an all a round great game and experience). So keep up the great work and i cant wait to play Interstellar Marines.

Very interesting concept indeed.

Rock'n'Roll guys

I'm gonna have to watch that a couple more times just to be sure I heard that right. If I did, you just put a smile on my face. I want to see a game released without a major publisher's name on it and I want it to be wildly successful because it's a quality product and not through association with other IP's.

31/12/2009.... is that true?

Although I'm new here I'm fully onboard with the direction, vision, and ideas that Zero Point have and I'm very impressed with their attitude towards the project/game! As Ghost1800 mentioned above I also want to see a game released without a major publisher's name on it and know that I helped make it possible! Its certainly not the easiest way to make a game happen but it might be the best way to make a game that we want to play!

"For the love of the game" what a great motto!! Hey guys if you can put co-op in there that will be great!, four player or maybe even more players!!!!!if you can also put slit-screen because most of the recent games don't have that mode and i personaly love co-op and slit screen co-op, it will also be cool if you can play online co-op with two players in the same console. some multiplayer will also be apreciated!!! :)

good luck!!!!!! guys!!!!!!!! you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!! dont give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FallenSoldier; If you choose to upgrade to and help supporting, you will have a great influence on what content will be avalible in the final version.

"There will also be polls where we need YOU to help us decide which gameplay elements or weapons to include in the game." -http://www.interstellarmarines.com/info-center/up
coming-features/

this is awesome... if this makes it im buying it first thing... this can be done and community is king... best of luck...

The game concept looks very good and i wish you guys luck. I also hope that you don't go the same path as 3DRealms and set to do "the best game ever" just to spent 12 years and 20 million on a game that maybe will never see the light of day. Do it on your on time and pace but be reasonable.

Do you guys think they will attend this ears E3? I mean, they are active lately, new video footage of the marines doing a photoshoot and making od the photoshoot ;D

GODSPEED!

amazing video, I will support you, I saw the video on gametrailers

Congratulation on staying with your own idea. The only thing I have to say is listen to your community. Make this game for the gamer and we will support its development.

I really hope you will succeed with this game. Seeing that this game is back in production made my... year. You have my support.

Greetings from Sweden!!!

Man i'm so excited. As someone said earlier on, i'm just so glad that the game didn't get cancelled. Its the one game iv'e ever actually followed for years, this being since 2006 (the first trailer, i think)

This is not only one of the best original IPs I've seen since forever, but also WHEN you pull it off it will be the greatest coup that the games industry has ever seen! Somebody had to find a way to make a phenomenal game without the 'support' (read: interference) of a major publisher.

The beauty is that everyone involved obviously believes in what they are doing 100%. It's very easy to tell when a creative team absolutely loves what they are making, and when they do the results are always far and beyond the sum of their parts.

Very few people have the guts to try something like this. Congratulations Zero Point Software, you are pioneers.

The concept sounds amazing, can't wait for the game to come out.

i really hope this game comes out soon, i watched the trailer back in 06, and i was stunned, it looks so new and fresh, i showed all of my friends, and it blew us away. if i had a job, and/or extra money, i would upgrade, and send u guys some money, because i truly believe in this game. i know this game will do well, i can feel it. all i can say now is great work guys, and keep it up.

5 years, 1 month ago

I will suppport love the game looks awsome and Is the next playable A GUN RANGE OR LIKE GUNS IN CASE`S I LIKE GUN RAGE BETTER THAT WOULD BE COOL.

5 years, 1 month ago

en el baul se be todo negro y gris

5 years, 1 month ago

perdon
en el baul se be todo negro y gris

good game im from denmark

Really looking forward to what these guys can do.

just keep working and you might make the video game we are all waiting for

cant wait to see what might the best video game ive ever played

Absolutely Jawsome(2)

If Zero Point is successful in making a AAA game trilogy without the help of a major publisher this will change everything for good. This will have a major effect on the gaming industry across the globe.

I am all for a revolution of how things are done in the industry and my friends you all should know I am a long time gamer. Almost all of my line.

Give me the Zero Point Banner, time to go into battle!

Does this game have campaing?

"does this game look coll or what".
"spearhead is waht I want to be".

"ito a i seara is a good freind".

Listing AAA Indie articles (sorted by date)